I would like to supplement some of my trees and vegetables with foliar feeding, especially peaches that have been damaged from severe PLC and citrus that are displaying iron chlorosis and nitrogen deficiency.
The literature that I reviewed on this topic gives fertilizer mixing rates for large acreage. However most of us need application rates for home orchard and gardens.
I have adapted the recommendations in this paper for use in either of a common 1 gallon or 3 gallon backpack sprayer.
I have no formal training in chemistry so I’d love to have someone check the chart before I start spraying my trees and veggies. Some concerns that I have are related to the chemistry and mixing ratio. For example if I am mixing nitrogen at .5 oz per gallon (per the chart) and it is labeled as a 34-0-0 fertilizer should I actually weigh out 1.5 oz per gallon since it is 34% nitrogen or does the remaining 66% also contain anything that can burn the plant? Same question for all other fertilizers.
Secondly, I ran across a note somewhere that said not to use ammonium calcium nitrate (15.5-0-0) as a foliar in combination with sulfates. Would this mean zinc sulfate monohydrate should not be used with it? I was intending to apply them in the same mix for tomatoes and other plants. Other than possibly forming precipitates when mixing, what is the problem with this combination?