Frog snacks

I was starting some jade plant cuttings and suddenly noticed aphids on them. I was about to just toss them, then I remembered the poison dart frogs I’m stuck taking care of when my daughters went off to college and left me with them. At least the frogs are doing a little work for me now.

25 Likes

Wow, he is a real beauty :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Beautiful frog! Is it called biocontrol of insects ?!

1 Like

good idea

1 Like

@zendog,
The timing of that picture is worth a million bucks. Nice shot.

If the way these lil guys eat worms is an indicator, you could dunk a plant and they would do a similar deed. 2 day old Axolotls.

1 Like

I wouldn’t eat that frog as a snack :slight_smile: looks poisonous

3 Likes

:smile::smile::smile:

I have a ton of small toads on my land this year. Most are about the size of a quarter so Im guessing they are 1 years old… I have never seen toads out there until this year, I also found a few that are about 3 inches long. Glad to see them, they say toads can eat 100 insects / day and Im guessing ive got thousands of them on my 40 acres right now.

4 Likes

That’s really awesome. We had some in the yard when we first moved in, but I haven’t seen any in years. I’ve thought about scouting for some tadpoles in local ditches, etc. next year and seeing if I can put them in one of my container water gardens to grow up and hopefully hang around.

2 Likes