Fruit related deals

I’m going to have a wall of figs for shade and privacy from the neighborhood. Maybe a double wall if the joists can handle it and my wife doesn’t protest…

1 Like

Always a great idea to check Lowe’s/Home Depot’s garden section during this time of the year for clearance items, especially pots. I needed to find some fancy looking pots for my pineapple guava I grabbed last season from Fruitwood Nursery. Ended up with these guys. Cheaper than a plastic pot at their size and look great!

Ended up grabbing those suggested by @Brace for $5 or $6. I can’t remember. Nice little herb pots for a secondary sitting area in my backyard.

6 Likes

I had one of these. It wore out in less than two years. Only ground a pot of coffee a day at most with it.

2 Likes

Good to know! I don’t drink a ton of coffee but I figured for free it was worth a few minutes signing up. Plus assuming it’s metal it could be recycled.

Also I figured on a small scale you could grind grain or herbs or something too.

1 Like

Nice…Trichocereus:)?

1 Like

Sure is! I grow 4 of those guys. Left to right, Trichocereus SS02 x Helen, Trichocereus Colossus x Malo 4, another, Echinopsis SS02 x Helen, and a Trichocereus Peruvianus that someone from California sent me named Coyote.

3 Likes

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/P2850

Ryobi 1/2 gallon chemical fogger for $30. Includes battery and charger. I bought one recently, I’m considering a second.

1 Like

Come with a Ryobi battery (only 2 Ah) and charger so very good deal. Thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

Well, TECHNICALLY you are buying the battery and the fogger is “free”… The fogger alone is at least $60 everywhere I’ve seen so I thought it was worth sharing.

The 2 gallon sprayer is $99 and comes with 2 batteries for anyone who is looking for something bigger…

2 Likes

6 cubic foot gorilla cart on sale for $107. I grabbed one, my wheelbarrow is about to fall apart and rust through.

2 Likes

Directtoolsoutlet still has the fogger deal for $30 plus shipping. Mine works well but the 2 Ah battery is just enough for one 1/2 gallon tank full. A 3 or 4Ah battery would be better or a second 2 Ah one.

1 Like

I’m already invested in the ryobi system so the battery is no problem for me. Glad to hear it’s working alright for you!

For most systems out there, you’re paying ~$20 per amp hour for batteries, so having it included with the fogger is a no brainer in my opinion if you need the tool. I may or may not have purchased 3 just to have backups…

3 Likes

I used the fogger to spray Ecoguard Plus around the patio and back of the house to repel mosquitos. Using the fogger is much more efficient in distributing the chemical evenly than a garden sprayer. Only used one ounce. It’s raining today so I’ll see how long the spray lasts. The instructions say spray again in 10 days.

2 Likes

If anyone is looking for a pop up tent with sides for frost protection on shorter trees, this could be a great option.

Also could be a temporary greenhouse in a pinch or a lot of other things.

2 Likes

Insulation not included, but should be enough for those calm mornings down to maybe 28? with blankets…maybe lower if ground is moist.

COCONUT Fruit Picker Tool, Fruit Picker with Basket and Pole Easy to Assemble & Use Fruits Catcher Tree Picker for Getting Fruits(5ft) Amazon.com

The 5ft is on sale for $15.99. The longer extension poles are more expensive if you need more reach.

Now,if I can just grow a Coconut tree. :palm_tree:

With enough effort, I bet you could grow the tree!

Now to fruit it… That would take some doing…

2 Likes

Garden tiller on sale for $48, seems like a great deal if you need one.

johnnys

1 Like