Fruit tree identification

Ok this tree has me stumped (no pun intended lol) I am eager to see if anyone can identify it. at first i thought it was some sort of apple tree but the fruit looks very ripply on almost all the fruits. Then i thought it was guava but the leaves look like no leaf I have ever seen before, very unique curvy cupped shape. I live in diamond bar, CA and it looks like it will be ready to harvest in about 3 to 4 weeks but im dying to know if anyone can be of assistance. Thanks in advance!

Bobby

4 Likes

It’s jujube.

Wait until fruit turn mostly brown before you pick them.

2 Likes

It looks like a Li jujube. self-fruitful. You found a jack pot.

Tony

2 Likes

Your right!! i saw the leaves from a jujube tree online and it looks exactly like that hard to find leaf. Ok ive never had a jujube before but looking forward to it. thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Can you help to find the name please. Thank you. They grow in Seattle areas zone 8b.

2 Likes

looks like an english walnut

2 Likes

Yup, looks like a walnut… I wonder what is going on with those leaves though?

2 Likes

You can pickle those young walnuts, shell and all.

3 Likes

Thank you so much.
Yes walnut.

1 Like

Today we saw these fruits in the pictures below in Queen Elizabeth Park Vancouver B.C. Canada. Can someone help us to identify please. Thank you so much in advance.

![image|(upload://dCWVecEoC6673wIiixXVjihzsct.jpeg)

1 Like

Hey there! Can any of you awesome fruit growers help me ID these root stock suckers. Last year this forum helped me ID some Mahaleb cherry that had sprouted from the roots that I was able to graft over to sweet Cherries… it was amazingly fun and rewarding to turn an ugly scraggly plant into something that has the potential to be both beautiful and productive. I’m hooked!

Anyway, I’ve got two trees like this one that were cut to the ground and have sprouted suckers. The bark on some of the suckers looks a little like cherry to me but the old stump doesn’t look right… but I’m just so inexperienced that I really am clueless. Your help would be very much appreciated!

1 Like

Can anyone I’d this for me? I know it’s not mulberry unless a non native. Found growing behind a business off Preston highway Louisville KY.

1 Like

@BluegrassEats

Sassafras maybe? There was a sassafrass tree in my neighborhood growing up. I remember the leaves had single, double, and triple lobes.

1 Like

It’s not sassafras the leaves are very fuzzy I’m almost thinking it’s some kind of invasive I’ve never encountered it before.

2 Likes

Paper mulberry

1 Like

Yes that is it I knew it would be an invasive and from Asia , thanks.

1 Like