Fruit tree tolerance to intense heat

Anywhere I haven’t been deeply watering in my yard looks like this from the surface down as far as my 2’ probe can go

I think we’re on the verge of lots of more plant losses because the heat wave dried out the soil so much and there’s zero rain in the long term forecast

I don’t have a drip irrigation system set up so I’ve been manually moving the hose around and letting it drip on trees until the soil moisture probe says they are wet down deep. Any tree that I’ve neglected gets sad within days

In ground did help. My potatoes are in containers and they fared the worst of all. There were a couple, on the ends with the least protection from their neighbors, that I had been sure were toast. They seem to be recovering, however.

Yeah I had around 20 days of 100 to 103 in 1980…
since then, have had 104 a couple days in 2008 I think it was.

Have not hit 100 here in at least 5 years.
And not many days in the 90’s.

So 41 years ago when my newly planted grapevines were smoking (literally you could see steam coming from the hole after watering them in the evenings)…
the Northwest has a record in 2021.

Fleshy petals of feijoa blossoms seem OK and pollen is loose, but my guess is that 110+ degrees has affected the pollen viability.