General Location Map of growingfruit.org members

I added myself, finally.

1 Like

Now I know who to ask for advice. :wink:

BUMP !!! BUMP !!!

WITH THE VOLUME OF POSTS AND POSTERS EXPLODING I FIGURED IT WAS A GOOD TIME TO RAISE THIS IN THE “ATTENTION” ZONE

Mike

1 Like

Mike, I also added this post to the Welcome message pinned at the top.

1 Like

Maybe I’m being an airhead but I do not see any welcome message anywhere?

You probably un-pinned it. If you log out you will see what new users see, its right at the top:

1 Like

Anyone new to the Growingfruit.org website feel free to add yourself to the member map! Instructions are in the first post of this thread but if you do not have a google account or just don’t feel like reading the instructions you can send me a private message with the necessary information and I will add it for you. Some people have chosen to show their actual home while most of us have chosen to place our location in the city that we live in. You can be as private as you’d like. Maybe display your location in the county you live in.

Also there are a handful of regulars that still haven’t added themselves. Feel free to jump on the map. I think it’s fascinating to see the distribution of members.

5 Likes

BUMP.

It is time to get more members to add to the map.

3 Likes

Just got around to adding myself (Point Reyes Station, California).

2 Likes

WE HAVE ADDED MANY MORE NEW MEMBERS RECENTLY - ITS A GOOD TIME TO BUMP THIS UP SO MORE PEOPLE KNOW !!! **

Mike

2 Likes

I was doing some maintenance on the map and noticed two obscure points that were added without identifiable names. If anyone added these and need them edited with an actual name let me know and I’ll take care of it.

They are:
“Point130” near Palmer Alaska
“92084” near Vista California

Pretty neat map. Fun to see where everyone is. I am fairly new to this forum, and usually do more reading than posting. Never did a formal introduction to the group, so here is a brief description of my food forest project. Live in a retirement community in Florence, Arizona. HOA with strict regulations, so I am restricted to my small backyard which is 25’ x 75’ facing west to the full sun of the Arizona desert. Have been gardening off and on most of my life, but have gotten into mostly fruit trees now, with small vegetable garden. Growing artichoke, asparagus, apple, apricot, banana, blueberries, boysenberries, figs, grapes, grapefruit, pineapple guava, jujube, kiwi, lemon, loquat, mandarin, mango, mulberry, orange, peach, persimmon, plum, pomegranate, starfruit and strawberries. Nice to be a part of this group. I won’t bore you with anymore details right now.
Linda N.
Florence, AZ

7 Likes

Welcome Linda, hope you enjoy your time here. With a fruit growing resume like that, it looks like you’ve certainly found the right place!

Sorry to hear about you having to deal with an HOA, I know when we were in the Dallas suburbs, they were a royal pain. I know they have some benefit, but it also seems they can get a bit big-headed. But now that we’re on a farm in Kentucky, we don’t have to answer to anyone! But, I digress…

Welcome again to the forum.

1 Like

Hey just an FYI, I had Scott take down the editing link in the original post. At this point the majority of forum regulars are already on the map and adding any new members is a manageable task for me. I decided to take the editable link down because at this point we have a lot of time and information entered on the map and I would hate for an accidental mishap or deletion end up losing the map data.

It will still be just as simple to add new and old members to the map. All you need to do is send me a PM @speedster1 with your location and I’ll add you to the map. As simple as that.

Hopefully you all find it useful enjoy looking at it as much as I do.

Good to see you’re slowing down! Wow! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I somehow put in Point130 - I’m not sure how it got labeled that way

No Problem. I fixed it for you.

I didn’t realize we had a member from Alaska! I must’ve missed that introduction. What do you grow that far north?

I planted my first trees in 2015, which include apples, sweet and tart cherries, and plums outside and some peaches in a greenhouse. Typically fruit growers in this area have apples and tart cherries.

3 Likes

Anyone know who Point125 might be in Missoula MT?

Here in the Pacific Northwest, we still have as many nurseries as members.