General Location Map of growingfruit.org members

I can’t access this map for some reason, I just get a page saying that Google redirected me too many times. Anyway, I don’t necessarily need access to the map; I just wanted to add myself to it. I’ll pm speedster but if someone else is over it now then I’d like my location to be Rock Hill, SC.

1 Like

I am on it :+1: thanks @speedster1 !

1 Like

Can anyone update the link or help me access the map? I’ve tried two of the links in this thread and my Chrome browser says it’s “redirecting” me “too many times.”

Sorry but as far as I can tell the link has been working for everyone. Maybe try another browser i stead of chrome. I just checked it and it opens fine for me in Chrome.

Other than that I’m not sure what else to advise. Sorry.

Okie dokie, I’ll give that a shot.

Clear your browser cache, that usually fixes the issue.

Thanks for update!

I added you to the map.

@speedster1,
I cannot believe there are so few Socal people on the map.
Could you please add me to Ventura, CA 93001?

1 Like

You are on the map!

1 Like

I am a newbie - just joined today because a friend wants to dig up two Dwarf citrus trees and give them to me. I need advice and want to post photos for identification, first. He already gave me a pomegranate but killed it by not taking into account the root spread. He dug it up the size of a flower pot, and then gave it to me. It lost all leaves and I put it in a raised bed to try to revive it but I think it suffered from transplant shock.
Anyway, I want to post the photos of them, as they are still growing in the ground at his condo patio area, but he says they have never fruited for him. (Of course, the third one has, but he’s keeping it). I don’t want to take it just to kill it. I live in Moss Beach, CA 94038 very close to the Pacific Ocean. I am thinking of taking them for free, (He says one might be a grapefruit) but I don’t want him to dig them up and leave most of the roots behind again. In think l would like to put them in containers so I can move them around to see where they do best.
Will you please add me to your map. I am on the west side of highway one between Half Moon Bay (94019) and Pacifica (94044). Here is my full address for mapping 180 San Lucas Avenue, Moss Beach, CA 94038 USDA MAP ZONE SAYS 10a
Aso, I want to list a photo of the trees that are growing in the ground for identification, any hints? “Fruit Tree Newbie”
-Cid

2 Likes

You need to check your local ordinances concerning the transportation of citrus. It’s illegal in many areas. You’re allowed to take citrus from nurseries and other stores as those plants are certified free of pests. You are far enough north that it might not be an issue, but most SoCal areas cannot move citrus due to HLB.

Hi speedster, thanks so much for handling the map editing. Could you add me? Thanks!
Springer Lake
Washington 98501

@speedster1,
Hope you see the request above.

Thanks for bring it to my attention Tippy. George has been added to the map

3 Likes

Happy end of 2020 to all.
Please add my location to the map: Spearfish, SD 57783.
Thanks

3 Likes

Done

Hi: don’t know how to do it myself… but would like to be on the map. Which info do you need to add me? Thanks! Marc

Town or zip code if you just want your general location listed. If you want more accurate just PM me your address or coordinates

Thread bump for fellow new members to get on the map to make it easier to network with your local brethren. I’d love to know who else is near me in the Pittsburgh area! We can pawpaw hunt together this fall! :wink:

3 Likes