Grandpa's Orchard site update - lots of peaches

Grandpa’s Orchards has posted their updated listings for Spring. As of today they have about 49 peach varieties available.

2 Likes

So, how reputable / how dependable are those folks?

I’ve always got very good trees from them. Some say their shipping prices are high.

1 Like

It’s been a few year’s since I’ve ordered from them. But they sent quality trees and I wouldn’t hesitate to get more.

2 Likes

It’s $50 bucks to ship one tree, it better be one heck of a tree.

3 Likes

Looks like shipping has gone up. I checked and the last time I bought from them was 6 years ago and it cost $23.38 to send 2 trees. Now it costs $49. But, if you order 10, the cost doesn’t go up much- $64.

Though if you really want just one or two trees from them, it might be a good idea and ask if the $9 is right…

They seemed to ship fairly late to my location at least compared to other orchards…and the shipping was high.

1 Like

I started a thread last year about Grandpa’s high shipping prices. There were quite a few posts on it and it actually elicited a response from the Orchard itself. The thread diverged a bit into talking about drones and common law issues, but the first part has some interesting info. They do ship good sized trees from what I gathered, but the shipping costs seem prohibitive for me.

2 Likes

I have been selling plants on and off and last summer to ship a 2 foot high plant from MI to CA was about 20 bucks. Without volume discounts shipping is becoming outrageous. Grandpa’s argued that they cannot get discounts because they are a small nursery. I myself like to do business with them, but it looks best if you order at least 3 trees or more it isn’t a good deal. The trees are fantastic. I have three from them, and love the trees. Very nice product. I’m very close to them so shipping is not that bad. I understand though, one must try to keep costs down. It’s too bad that can’t come up with a better rate, as the product is outstanding.

3 Likes

A bit pricey, but they sent me a nice apricot tree last year. Quality product and service.

1 Like

Can someone please post Grandpa’s Orchard’s email address?

The link on the website will not finish opening in my Yahoo Mail app and the website doesn’t spell out the email address.

Thanks

grandpasorchard1@prodigy.net

Thanks @Fusion_power

:grin:

Looks like my phone is the issue. It wouldn’t complete the link from your post either.

Now I can cut and paste though.

Both UPS and Fedex are increasing rates by 5.9% for 2024. Actually UPS goes in effect Dec 26. Last year they went up 6.3%.

I have a friend that went to work at the UPS distribution center for the holiday season back in November as a basic truck loader and package sorter. $22 an hour. Double time on Sundays. She likes it better than $15 at the local Sheetz making drinks and sandwiches. Nothing to think about and not having to be nice with customers.

1 Like