Grandpa's Orchard site update - lots of peaches

Grandpa’s Orchards has posted their updated listings for Spring. As of today they have about 49 peach varieties available.

1 Like

So, how reputable / how dependable are those folks?

I’ve always got very good trees from them. Some say their shipping prices are high.

1 Like

It’s been a few year’s since I’ve ordered from them. But they sent quality trees and I wouldn’t hesitate to get more.

2 Likes

It’s $50 bucks to ship one tree, it better be one heck of a tree.

2 Likes

Looks like shipping has gone up. I checked and the last time I bought from them was 6 years ago and it cost $23.38 to send 2 trees. Now it costs $49. But, if you order 10, the cost doesn’t go up much- $64.

Though if you really want just one or two trees from them, it might be a good idea and ask if the $9 is right…

They seemed to ship fairly late to my location at least compared to other orchards…and the shipping was high.

1 Like

I started a thread last year about Grandpa’s high shipping prices. There were quite a few posts on it and it actually elicited a response from the Orchard itself. The thread diverged a bit into talking about drones and common law issues, but the first part has some interesting info. They do ship good sized trees from what I gathered, but the shipping costs seem prohibitive for me.

2 Likes

I have been selling plants on and off and last summer to ship a 2 foot high plant from MI to CA was about 20 bucks. Without volume discounts shipping is becoming outrageous. Grandpa’s argued that they cannot get discounts because they are a small nursery. I myself like to do business with them, but it looks best if you order at least 3 trees or more it isn’t a good deal. The trees are fantastic. I have three from them, and love the trees. Very nice product. I’m very close to them so shipping is not that bad. I understand though, one must try to keep costs down. It’s too bad that can’t come up with a better rate, as the product is outstanding.

3 Likes

A bit pricey, but they sent me a nice apricot tree last year. Quality product and service.

1 Like