Grilled vegetables

In an effort to get a little healthier I’m trying to start grilling vegetables as part of our meals, what’s your favorite grilled veggies?

2 Likes

Zucchini brush with olive oil and oregano

1 Like

It’s not grilling, but brussels sprouts are awesome cited to the point of browning in pretty much any oil from our of our avocado to pancetta or bacon drippings. I do like grilled whole shiitake mushrooms just brushed with a bit of olive oil

2 Likes

I couldn’t get the Brussels to cook enough on the grill, tasted like burnt cabbage with raw middle, I will try it in the oven next

Again, i just fry them. Awesome split then browned in oil w garlic or a bit of bacon…also great in coconut oil

1 Like

eggplant is my favorite grilled veggie.

2 Likes

Do you season it or oil it? I have had it fried many years ago

Broccoli grills up nice. I cut it up into floret size then put some oil, balsamic, salt, and pepper on it and cook it in the basket. Yum.

I got a small cast iron pan I put right on the grill too which is nice for peppers and onions when one is cooking sausages. No extra inside cooking required.

Beets and potatoes are good in foil. Dice them up into cubes and season and put some butter in there. And wrap tight in foil. Ten minutes on one side, flip and cook for another ten minutes, then flip again and give them ten more minutes. Trying to figure out a reusable cooking vessel to achieve the same results, but haven’t thought of anything yet.

1 Like

I have broccoli and sweet potatoes, I should try both

asparagus With a bit of olive oil, pepper, bit of salt. Once done squeez a lemon on it.

N my fav grill mango to make a salsa. Even though not a vegetable.

1 Like

I tried to grill some grocery store peaches today for desert but they were not that good. Maybe I will try mangoes next

1 Like

Any combination of onions, peppers, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, broccoli and peaches cut into bite size pieces (like shish kabob size) works for me.
I toss them with this mixture before putting them on the grill ( can also be oven roasted)

2 Tsp oregano
1 Tsp basil
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp pepper
1 Tsp Italian dressing
1 Tsp lemon juice
2 TBS vinegar
3 TBS oil

1 Like

Grilled pineapple is very tasty

2 Likes

I bet the lemon juice , vinegar, and Italian dressing really kick up the acid, yum

I do like that, I made some a couple of weeks ago, it really carmelizes the sugars,

Have anybody try grill watermelon?

I try it once, but I didn’t really like it. Maybe cause I did not season it like other have

1 Like

I have never grilled watermelon, add that to my list!

1 Like

You should try wrapping them in a foil envelope, poke a couple of vent holes and then letting them cook on the top rack for 20-40 minutes before grilling them for a finish. That’s what I’ve done with things like potatoes, beets, etc.

1 Like