I’m very new to this, please be kind
Attached are some photos of herbs / veggies I planted very recently (about 4 weeks ago) in my small backyard. Obviously as you can see some are doing better than others. Here are some of the issues as far as I can tell:
- The cilantro is turning into a flower, not sure why that is.
- Not seeing any signs of tomatoes coming.
- Bugs bugs bugs…I have white flies on the cucumber leaves and something is definitely very interested in my basil.
Some more detail:
- I’ve been using this product for insect control, seems to help some but doesn’t completely mitigate the issue. Perhaps I should be using something stronger? What do you guys recommend?
- My home is in Southern California.
- I’m feeding them Miracle-Gro Performance Organics Edibles Plant Nutrition
- The area is getting a good amount of sunlight. Haven’t measured but I estimate it to be around 7-8 hours a day.
- I’m using Rachio automatic scheduling for watering. Rachio’s schedule is a bit out of the ordinary as it only waters roughly once per week. When I asked, the founder actually responded directly and explained “deep, infrequent watering promotes healthier roots”. Link.
- Soil type is “Sandy loam”.
(I was going to upload to the site but it’s limited to 1 photo for new users)