Hand Pruner for Smaller Hands

Just wanted to add my thumbs up to all the other recommendations for the ARS hand pruner (Hand pruner) but for the smaller 7" model. I’ve had an older Felco 8 1/2" long pruner for decades (sharpened enough it really needs a new blade). It was a replacement for a simple hardware store pair so was an appreciated step up. And since I’m not pruning a hundred trees (though for some reason I seem to be heading in that direction!) I figured they were plenty good enough. But I’d read those posts, and that seed was planted. Then I won the 50/50 raffle at a polka dance. Hurrah! My new hand pruners were soon on their way.
And wow, are they ever NICE!! They were “just right” right out of the package. They fit my hand (women’s size small gloves generally), are incredibly comfortable, cut like some of our best carving gouges, no hand discomfort after two days of ‘first of season’ pruning. They even fit my husband’s hands (roughly men’s medium) (though he only got to hold them, not use them!). And to top it off they fit in my jacket pocket without falling out, and fit easier into my back pants pocket without sticking out excessively getting caught on things. If I’d known what a difference it would be I’d have bought these long ago. I really appreciate a good tool, and this is a good one.

2 Likes