Harvest Queen pear

Does anyone know of any vendor selling it in the U.S.?

On rare occassion, Cummins Nursery will carry it, but none listed at this time.

I grafted the variety last spring, but I only have a couple inches of growth on it.

I’d like to buy a tree if someone can direct me where. I’m stumped.

These pears are amazing.

2 Likes

Hi

Do you have looked Hidden Springs Nursery in U.S.A? Your pear variety Harvest Queen is listed on their internet site, their internet site says shipping time is from early november to late april. I don’t know if they now have it but you can contact if you need confirmation, at least that variety is in list and there is add to cart button. You can get directly to that variety if you search queen word in that site. Here is the link for you :

http://www.hiddenspringsnursery.com/plants.php

3 Likes

Sure Matt you can get one here Old + Fire-blight Resistant Pear Varieties: Greenmantle Nursery.

2 Likes

Hi

I have found another shop which have this your mentioned Harvest queen pear listed, this is from California. It is Green mantle nursery. They sell benchgrafted varieties, if that is O.K. for you. If you know what that means. They have cut off taking order for 28.2.2017 for 2017 (date.month.year), they don’t have minimum order. Here is the link for you :

http://www.greenmantlenursery.com/fruit2008/pears2008.htm

Also don’t forget read fruit order information from their internet site if you are interesting buying from them. Here is the link for you :

http://www.greenmantlenursery.com/fruit2008/fruitordering-info2014.htm

There is also frequently asked question section, which have some information about those benchgrafts. Here is the link for you :

http://www.greenmantlenursery.com/fruit2008/ffaq2008.htm

You can ask them if they have that variety available if you want confirmation of availability. Those are 2 shop which i found to have your mentioned variety, i don’t know if they have them available now but at least it was attempt you to get that pear variety as you asked for it.

2 Likes

I just heard back from Hidden Springs. They are sold out of Harvest Queen. They use Callery understock.

1 Like

Anywhere else besides Greenmantle? Their custom grafts are self-admittedly on the smallish side.

Would be nice to buy a bigger tree if possible.

2 Likes

Hi

Following link list your mentioned variety, but it is little confusing if they do have it or is it in their want list. You may ask them for information about their situation on this. You can search word queen to see that variety on the list. Following is the link but remove first / from internet address, i put / on address as it tried to load some image from that site if i put full address :

h/ttp://quincynursery.com/products-and-services.html

1 Like

Singing tree does bench grafts for $10 tree / $10 shipping. That might be another way to go.

1 Like

Hi

This old message, but i think i could write it on this message. I don’t know if Matt_in_maryland already got his Harvest Queen pear but maybe other may found have it useful that i found one shop in internet which looks to have this Harvest Queen pear available. It is in California, it says now when i look it it is in stock. It is scionwood according internet site. This is link to it : Fruit Trees: Harvest Queen European Pear Scionwood

On their internet site on shipping section it says plant material is shipped during dormant season mid november trough mid-may. This shop is in California, i don’t know if it is O.K. for Matt_in_Maryland who looks to be eastern U.S.A. Just to mention shipping section also mention special order for summer budwood or summer cutting wood can be made. Site says contact us for information for summer orders and the cost of expedited shipping. I don’t know if those are O.K. for you but at least i found something on internet.

1 Like

This tree has became more widely available.

Clarkinks hi

You wrote “This tree has became more widely available”. You mean this variety has became more available after this message chain was wrote many years ago? I guess this variety might have became more available as you wrote but this message don’t say if original people who wrote this already got his tree. I just wrote it as it fitted message title as it was shop where this variety was listed.

If Matt in Maryland who is now @Matt_in_Pennsylvania would to buy a Harvest Queen pear tree, he can easily order it from Cummins Nursery in NY.

As @clarkinks, there are more nurseries that carry this pear variety now.

1 Like

I had a Harvest Queen pear tree, but it died in the move.

I can say, unequivocally, that Harvest Queen are the best pears that ever existed.

They beat Magness; Comice; Gorham… all the other great pears.

They are like Bartlett, but way better. They are incredible, and I miss them.

2 Likes

Actually… no! I just remembered: My Harvest Queen pear tree survived the move. It is on Quince rootstock, so is still very small, but I am happy to have it! I hope it keeps growing and eventually fruits. I need to get it some mates. I’ll probably buy a Gorham tree to cross-pollinate it. I would also like to have a tree of Magness (poor pollinator (sterile?) but a great eating pear).

2 Likes

Matt,
I grafted Magness and Warren on my Blake’s Pride since 2015. Only Magness has fruited after 3 years. No sign of Warren’s fruit buds.

I also grafted Harvest Queen in Harrow Sweet since 2017, the graft has not thrived.

As you know, taste is subjective. After trying several Euro pears, my top pears taste-wise are Abbe Fetel, Fondante des Moulin-Lille, followed by Comice and Harrow Sweet. Seckel is also good.

I look forward to trying Aurora this year.

3 Likes