Help identifying a nectarine tree

Hello all,

We bought a $12 Nectarine tree a few years ago at our local grocery store and it’s grown very well. I wanted to see what type we planted so I found the tag that was on the tree. All the tag says is, “Nectarine”! The tree came from Freedom Farms. Not wanting to give up so easily, I went to Freedom Tree Farm’s website and found 3 Nectarine types offered. One was for a southern climate so I don’t think it’s that one. The other two they offer are June Princess and Rose Princess. So if their line up hasn’t changed, I think it’s one of these.

It bloomed very nicely and about a week before the Red Haven peaches did. The blossoms were very big, dark pink/purple! I saw and old post from Cityman that gave good reviews for the June Princess

Anyone that can offer some help would be great.

I have the rose princess which looks very similar in blossom

Tank,

When do they produce? My Red Haven produces at the end of July, early Aug.
I hope it’s a June Princess because they are supposed to produce June to early July.

I don’t know when this Nec will produce, we lost all due to late freeze.

I just responded to your PM but thought I should say something here too. I do have what is supposed to be a June Princess and it is a rock star tree in pretty much every way. I think those are similar blooms but my memory isn’t good and I have no bloom photos to refer to. I have had so unbelievably many mislabels that I’m reluctant to even say when my JP ripens compared to another common peach like Red Haven, because I have almost 0 confidence that my red havens are what they are supposed to be (or any other peach) or that my JP is or that ANYTHING I have is what it was supposed to be.

That being said, mine was bought from Freedom Farms and was labeled JP and it does ripen in late June/early July here in zone 7a TN. Its an early-mid season ripener for me, about a month after my true “early” peaches.

Thanks “theCityman”

I sure hope next years crop comes early. I don’y need any more in late July!