Here's some blooms of stone fruit

Here’s my Coe’s Golden Drop, Euro plum.

2 Likes

Maybe too cold this past Winter and killed all the flower buds. My stone fruits had few flowers this Spring.

This is my Black Boy peach and my lovely Harglow apricot. Fingers crossed on the cot! image|690x920 ![image|690x920](upload://bfnAaRVjb2VYLM1uX5eiJa9RwXs.jpeg![image|690x920](upload://rYXVzjOisBcpjBi6h4oK9YBe3m.jpeg
What is interesting about Black Boy peach is at first opening of bloom the stamens are very dark red., then they change to yellow with pollen.

7 Likes

Sorry, here is my Harglow apricot!

This is the first year this Harglow has bloomed. It’s still in popcorn pretty much in this pic, but it is full now, just in time for a day of rain!!! We shall see. . . It’s about six years old. I lost the last one in Hurricane Sandy.

5 Likes

Hang in there Tony, mine are still coming slowly 25-30mi North of ya!

At least Peaches anyway…

My Redhaven and Madison are loaded and adding more every day.

I counted appx 50 on Intrepid, about 20 on PF17, Contender has 15, Indian Free 4, Reliance 1 and PF24C 1.

So I’m hoping they all just continue to add blooms, but I did record a -17 here on 1/30/19.

I did build a bonfire by the Redhaven that night, and that side of the tree seems to have more blooms, but it may just be unrelated.

Madison sits farther away an it’s uniformly loaded. I thank Mark for this recommendation more than he will ever know! (Only way it would have been better is if I’d have planted two!!)

3 Likes

Did you grow some bamboo in the past? I just planted several clumps last year. @IowaJer.

No, I was referring only to stone fruit Tony - My cherries are exploding and my peaches are coming along better than I imagined after this winter :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My new favorite Euro plum, Empress. Large, tasty fruit.

4 Likes

Beautiful, is harglow the same as harcot?

No its not, good question! There is an entire ‘HAR’ series of apricots. Harglow has always been the ‘late bloomer for me with a better chance to get fruit.’ I must admit, however, I really love the sweetness of Tomcot.

Once again, Surefire tart cherry is the last stone fruit tree to bloom for me. It is at popcorn stage right now, but none have bloomed yet. For reference, my Carmine Jewels are at 100% bloom. Peaches and Asian plums have already set some fruit. I got an ‘Ideal’ tart cherry graft from ARS that also has not bloomed yet, but seems a little farther along than Surefire. I’m looking forward to trying some ‘Ideal’ this year, it could be another winner for backyard growers. Hopefully we can hold off the frost the next two nights. Forecast lows range from 33 to 36 with clear skies……Hoping for the best.

Hope to see this one next year

Green gage in bloom

Santa rosa opening up

Spring satin plumcot survived the winter. About to bloom

And a wild plum at the orchard edge

@mrsg47 thanks! Cant find a lot of info on harcot, there seems to be more on harglow. My farm is in 5b so i dont think a tomcot would do well :frowning: … by the way. Just had some war flashbacks when you mentioned sandy. My house is on the southshore of long island and i lost all my trees (and the house haha). My orchard would have been planted years ago if the money didnt have to go to building!

12 Likes

Here are some of the blooms, these are all on two year old trees. Enjoy

Dwarf Cherry

Harcot Apricot

Dwarf Cherry

Harcot Apricot

IMG-20190406-WA0065
Beauty Plum

10 Likes

Naeem,
Theses pictures of the flowers are supposed to be used as reference, not only to be admired for their beauty.

Is there a way you could put the name to each picture, please?

1 Like

No problem will do it tomorrow after double checking.

We have threads in two categories that many members have posted pics of their flowers. One in the Picture category. In that category, anyone can post pictures of any fruit flowers with or without naming them.

This thread is in the Reference category. It was created by @Olpea to help us identify stone fruit esp. peaches. So many members have learned that their trees are mislabeled. Thank to Mark. This thread is for stone fruit flowers only.

Maybe, we could create a pome flower thread for reference in the future.

2 Likes

Naeem, beautiful pictures! I think the first one labeled Redhaven is something other than Redhaven. Redhaven is non-showy.

1 Like

Yes, but. . . Look at your trees now and the fabulous blossoms, everywhere! Sometimes Nature’s editing works in strange ways. :blush:

1 Like

Good strong blooms!