Honeyberry

Robin’s taste like chicken, or so I’ve heard… :yum:

2 Likes

I had a friend help me do ten this year in a warm spell in Feb. I think it was the 11th. They are just waking up now. It looks like eight maybe nine out of ten. They are just at bud swell and some have green poking out, some are just swollen buds so too early yet to tell. The rootstock is really pushing today. The green buds are about 3/4" It’s possible they all might go but I will know more in a week. A couple of the skinny ones looked a bit dry and had green buds on every bud! I thought those were going to be dead because they are a bit dark on the stems.

1 Like

2 of mine are pushing leaves and buds as well. 3 more of mine are still asleep (these are shaded)

Scott

1 Like

We both live close. I live in Oxford where the high school shootings were. They should really go this week with the warm forecast. Three days almost hitting 80 will be like 90 in the sun! My honeyberries are on the south side of the house so they wake up before the bush I am grafting does so That’s why I grafted in February. I haven’t actually tried saving scions of the honeyberry. I just figured they wouldn’t store well and graft at harvest time.