Hot peppers only. Which varieties do you grow?

Those look great. Any favorites?

1 Like

Not yet. Not yet brave enough to try fresh ones. I plan on dry them using the powder form.

2 Likes

My hot peppers this year.

7 Likes

I can taste the spicy green curry!

2 Likes

Tippy , look great, save some seeds for me

1 Like

Which one or all?

The Aji is very cute but very hot.

1 Like

How hot are your PriK Chee Faa and how will you use them? I have some growing and was thinking of slicing them in little rings and picking in vinegar, but I tried some green and there was hardly any heat.

2 Likes

Few seeds each, please. BTW aji usually is red, your is gold color. Does it taste different than the red one?

2 Likes

Prik Chee Faa is only a little spicy esp if you don’t chew on the seeds. They are spicier when they turn red. We use it to add a little spiciness to a dish.

The chili we use for spiciness is Bird chilis.

2 Likes

My husband said they are many varieties of Aji chilis. Mine happens to be little cute yellow/orange button. I never try the red one so I cannot com comoare.

Will send you as requested.

1 Like

Tippy, thanks a lot. It is still many months to the spring, No hurry.

1 Like

Pod piper, do you know the name of this Aji pepper. It’s one of your seed collection a few years ago that you send me. Most are hot so is this one.
I like hot food but the peppers that put groves in my stomach inner liner got to pass. I sure like the write up about Rehza peppers, like to grow that one if I can find seeds. Catalogs don’t show.

2 Likes

I would love to know @thepodpiper was very generous with me, too.

Hope he will stop by to let us know.

1 Like

Annie,
I will send you some ripe ones in a couple of week. If I were to keep them till Feb, I would not remember where I put them :confounded:

1 Like

@aap @mamuang , I believe that one is Aji Francos.

3 Likes

Hot sauce time?

3 Likes

Depends on how many more on the plant

1 Like

This was my first year growing Aleppo peppers. A few in some containers. Decent crop. I dehydrated a few trays leaving them whole. I also tried pickling some whole. I just tried one today and it was incredibly delicious. Wonderful flavor and a good amount of heat.

5 Likes

I made some fermented hot sauce from a blend of cayenne, Jaluvan Attitude, and an unnamed Nepali variety, plus a couple dried guajillos. It yielded two full bottles, plus a jar of chile paste. I blended a little soy sauce into one of the bottles for a savory note.

6 Likes

I’ve been using these now and I think they turned out quite well. I really like the hot sauce, but the paste was the surprise star. Imagine Tabasco sauce as a spread with the granularity of chile flakes, and you get the idea. I’ve been putting it on many things to great effect.

2 Likes