How do you purchase your containers?

I mainly use Greenhouse Megastore online. I buy by the case or bundle. I grow out a out a lot of seedlings and pot them up from smaller to larger sizes so I buy a lot of pots.

2 Likes

We have group buy here once a year at least to buy 3glad 5 gl 7 gl and 10 gl good quality thick black plastic pot. Usually in the quantities of around 500 PCs total. We share the shipping expenses. It ends up $6~7 /10gl pot and the smaller one cost less.

1 Like

For fig tree’s I use 15 gl squat containers with square drain holes (Gro Pro), very happy with them, around $10. Fig tree’s will fill that size container in no time. Square drain holes will not block fig roots after 3 years of growing when I do root pruning.
I have a Moscatel Preto figtree in a 12 gl container, one year old tree only, I bet it’s already filled with roots, a very aggressive grower.
My starter fig tree’s are growing next in 3 or 5 gl Rootmakers, next 15gl ones.

I use Hapi Gro compost, Turface, and large particles Perlite. As far as vitamins? Whole new ballgame, lot of experiments here, this is where I do things on my own, not listening to nobody.

3 Likes

Never heard of that vendor…I’ll check 'em out.