How is your weather? (Part 1)

It snuck down to 34°F at 7am … and then the sun rose. Whew!

2 Likes

I have a lot of cellulose in the attic…but i still have a bath vent way up on my roof that likes to melt the snow so i like to rake around that.

Big bust potential with weekend storm. Some models showing a foot here…others showing a couple of inches. Leaning towards more rain here but who knows.

1 Like

Wow!
That’s colder than here. We hit 36°F

1 Like

We are starting to warm up a bit, I am looking forward to being out doing some work in my yard this weekend. I’ll have to wear mud-boots, but I’ll be out there!

1 Like

1 Like

We had a high temp of 34F yesterday… With sun and no wind it actually felt warm. Not much melt though…need a warm rain.

31F currently… not much happening locally…waiting for later when the fun shows up.

Sorry you’re getting that storm, but I’m sure glad we’re not getting it. Maybe an inch or two here. Then tomorrow the wind picks up. Ground blizzard predicted here, likely road closures due to blowing/drifting. 45-50 mph wind. I can only imagine what SW MN will look like. Trees down there are few and far between

Lets just get it done now…hopefully this pattern can flip in mid March and we can see some spring’ish type weather.

3 Likes

Has this been the snowiest winter you and @smsmith have had in a while? I imagine it’s been the coldest in a long time.

Just very rainy here, we’ve had very little snow, maybe 3-4" all winter. Our lowest temp was 0F one morning last month. Haven’t checked the climate history, but I imagine we’ve had our wettest February since we moved here. Our average precip for Feb is about 3", and I imagine we’ve had about three times that much so far, with more coming in tonight.

Just checked, we’ve had about 4", guess it seems like it’s been raining everyday this winter.

1 Like

Gusts in Omaha nearing 50mph… that is all heading this way as this thing flies northward and winds up… Pressure dropping quickly.

It is a Blizzard outside right now.

2 Likes

Damn … I just planted onions and chokenuts. Watered peas and did some mowing.

2 Likes

I love the rumble of thunder in February………there it goes again!

2 Likes

This is the snowiest winter I can recall since my childhood (late 60s/early 70s). Obviously, those memories may or may not be accurate.

As far as cold goes, I experienced the coldest temp I’ve personally experienced this winter (-36). However, the winter of '13-'14 or '14-'15 (can’t remember which right now) was colder. We had week after week after week after week of -20 to -28 lows that winter.

3 Likes

same here. we are on track to beat the 200in. record we got in 08’! if it melts too fast or we get a lot of rain its going to flood this spring! we had very high water in dec. then it got real cold and made ice dams on the rivers . those dams of ice, come spring will further exastorbate the flooding.

3 Likes

@dutch-s
Janet’s aunt in Port Richey says her banana is loving it!

1 Like

We got some thunder tonight as well, raining as I speak. Shocking. Oh well, it did hold off until thus evening, it was supposed to rain all day, so maybe we’ll just get 1" instead of 2.

Gonna be a howler tomorrow, winds up to 40-50mph. Could blow over a lot of trees in this saturated soil. I think my fruit trees will be okay, though.

1 Like

Lake Cumberland is a few inches from all time record…and it’s rained all night.
So Sunday the Army Corps of Engineers are raising the release of water to 60,000 cubic feet per second…the most release ever, which will create flooding on down the Cumberland heading towards Nashville, TN.
This dam is about 69 years old.

4 Likes

Thunder here, too - it was rain, not thundersnow

Wind prevailing now

1 Like