How is your weather? (Part 1)

Its so hot here in central Maryland that the leaves on the oak trees seem to be limp and wilting. Heat stress? High of 97F with a heat index of 110 today. I will water later tonight, when I’m not going to drown in my own sweat.

Most of the heat-tolerant and sub-tropical plants I was trying on a whim are loving this weather, but not anything else that I’d normally grow. Like tomatoes.:frowning:

3 Likes

80F dewpoint … 117F! Not too bad considering 172 days ago it was -33F.

heatwaveJuly2019

Oh…and we got over 3 inches of rain overnight.

3 Likes

Very impressive storms blowing up across N WIsconsin. Even getting the blow off clouds down here now… should h elp temps fall back some. Tornado in the Rice Lake area…

5 Likes

The first half of July has been unusually cool and wet.April and maybe even March had warmer days.
That’s going to change next week,with 75-80F temps,most likely into mid August.
I’d probably not want to be anywhere else during the Summer.bb

2 Likes

Major change over night. Darn right cool outside this a.m. Dew point at 55.

5 Likes

I think you’re supposed to send that southward in a day or two! Good!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Hazy Hot and Humid! wore to 69f at 5am. going to be in the upper 80’s with 70+ dew points! this northern boys sticking to the a/c today!

1 Like

Overnight low was 84F…can’t remember such a warm night here. Storms moved thru a little while ago and another huge band making its way across MN… should be a very rainy afternoon. Over 5 inches of rain for July… going to end up a very wet month again. Looking forward to the cool down.

LOW temps…

3 Likes

Don’t move hot!

1 Like

Already back down to 70F after the rain. It would appear the next 2 weeks are nothing like we’ve been through (in terms of high temps). Mild but normal and even below. The GFS yesterday was showing mid 40Fs in early August (overnite temps)…doubtful but hopeful.

2 Likes

94L invest to Florida…

1 Like

labeled as a disturbance with possible cyclone formation in the next 2 days…I don’t think there will be much to worry about there.

standard NE Florida summer weather…albeit slightly cooler than usual starting mid-week…

1 Like
1 Like

Rain on and off in Newport, RI today. Huge storm last night. I love thunder. And my dog is not afraid. She will be in France! There it sounds as if thunder is in your bedroom!!!

2 Likes

Back to the upper 80Fs to finish out the week. Pretty typical weather. Extended looks normal ish.
60Fs at night…

So weird…i’ve had ragweed type allergies the last 10 days or so. Have no idea what the deal is. Usually my allergies start around the first or second week of August. According to some local station no weed pollen is showing up. Time to pull out the Claritin.

1 Like

low to mid 70’s till the weekend then into the lows 80’s again. could use a little rain soon.

Rain keeping the temps down a bit but raining every day

1 Like

Bananas grow down where you are? can you fruit them?

Finally had a nice stretch of dry weather here. The overnites have been nice too.

Avg temp for July has been 77.8F which would rank 9th warmest if the month ended today. I think that will come down some so not sure we make top ten. By next Tues after the cold front pushes thru might see some mid 50Fs overnight…mmmm… free Ac.

1 Like

Paris was about 109F today… Not bad for France. Saharan heat ridge bringing the good stuff north. Obs for a station around Paris below. Nothing like that here. Mid 80Fs this afternoon …sun and clouds…very July’ish

Low pressure system over Manitoba this afternoon really kicking some strong winds up today around a lot of the midwest. Cold front this weekend–Sunday looking wet… and get some nice relief next week.

2 Likes