How is your weather? (Part 1)

Cucumbers and my flavor bombs vine cherry tomatoes were gone but I got some back up. The pear bloom clusters looked OK. Some open plums and pluots flowers were wilted.

Same here…27F wind and snow so i hope my onions/etc were ok…they should have been buried. Melting off quickly. I haven’t put any warm season stuff in the ground yet. Had move out all my gardenia/etc out of my low tunnel because i wasn’t sure how cold it would get in there overnight. I think tonite i’ll just cover with blankets.

No trees blooming here …but buds are swelling quickly.

I got the same storm. I’m wondering if coating the buds in ice like they were, gives some temp margin. I’m not as far along in bloom as you are.

Storm incoming on Thursday. A few days ago they were predicting snow totals of 10-16 inches! :tired_face: Now they are calling for 1-3 inches (phew!). We have N/NW winds every day…the sun is warm when it’s out but the wind has been brutal.

2 Likes

6-8in. up here.

3 Likes

Yes low of 30 next week. Is there anything i can do? All my apples are starting to bloom. What about pollinated blooms just starting to enlarge

1 Like

Depressing forecast for the next 6 days. A Canadian cold front is coming with the temperature in 40 degrees and low of 24 degrees. Not looking good for all the blooms. Ugh!!

3 Likes

Highs in the 30s, lows in the teens for most of the ten day forecast.

2 Likes

Next mon/Tues are looking ugly… mid 20Fs…i’ll have to cover stuff both nights… Nothing is blooming yet…but i do have some plants out… rain all weekend.

I’m actually glad for the cool down. It was in the mid 60s a couple days ago, way too early for those temps. A few wild crabs were starting to have bud swell. Our last hard freeze is likely at least a month away and 5-7 weeks is entirely possible.

Tony,
This is the time we pray that the forecast is wrong. Hope the low is not that low.

We are supposed to have a low of 31 F this Sat. I may just leave my potted figs out on the driveway. 31F is not too bad since they have been out for about two weeks by then.

1 Like

Just make sure there is no frost because fig leaves are most susceptible to get burned and all the brebas get toasted and also delay maincrops. That’s what happened to my potted figs a few years ago. Good luck.

3 Likes

Winter gives us one last middle finger…

5-10 inches tonight. Ugh.

9 Likes

I brought all the potted figs back indoor for the third times. Oh well. Down to 24 degrees tonight and snow this weekend.

2 Likes

10-14in. around p.ilse . 8-10in. up here.

2 Likes

Oh my… I don’t think that I could live in an area with weather like that this late in the year. It’s bad enough living in zone 6a. Yesterday it was in the 70’s, today in the 40’s and windy. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Many things will be fine at 30. Strawberries in open bloom will probably not.
Apples will be fine.

1 Like

A few more pictures from tonight just before dusk…

10 Likes

Next week comes the colder weather - I don’t think it’ll get anything but the magnolias, tho. Magnolias are foolish.

1 Like

Make xmas cards!

4 Likes