How is your weather? (Part 1)

It is quite picturesque, though not what we really hope to see this time of year!

3 Likes

I had snow in early May not many years ago. It can be all over the map ā€¦80F to 20Fs like nothing this time of year. Once that first week of May is pastā€¦its pretty safe here.

2 Likes

Buds here are swollen but havenā€™t opened, so all good for fruit trees for now. I do have onions, lettuce and cauliflower planted but can easily be covered. Snow Mondayā€¦Tues/Weds morning easily mid 20Fs here or maybe colder. I guess this is pretty much typical for April around here. Should mild out some later next week.

It is mid 30ā€™s, 20ā€™s wind chill, with very light misty rain and a little sleetā€¦turning to flurries apparently before daylight! It was 80 a couple days ago.

Freeze warning Saturday morningā€¦then up to mid 60ā€™s in day! and frost or freeze two days next week.

And I have at least one 2020 apple graft with 4 inches of new growthā€¦hope they donā€™t get bitten.

Definitely cauliflower will need covering

1 Like

Letā€™s HOPE itā€™s the last !

1 Like

I guess all cool downs are relativeā€¦ Feels really nice here right nowā€¦ Some good rain in the future too

1 Like

Stop bragging (just teasing! :grinning:)

3 Likes

I kind of have tooā€¦I wonā€™t be most of the year when itā€™s 96 degrees and 98% humidity!!! :joy: :confused:

3 Likes

Well, yes, when you put it that wayā€¦ brag on. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what has kept me from considering a permanent move to the southeast. I just canā€™t take that kind of weather.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been here long enough now I canā€™t take the coldā€¦LOL. Iā€™m a gonna retire to Florida. My moving costs will be NILā€¦

3 Likes

I can about imagine living in FL for awhile and trying to adjust to winters in central MN. Wouldnā€™t be easy. Just like my adapting to summers in FLā€¦not easy.

I did spend a year in Pensacola when I was a young man. June, July, and August about kicked my butt. I was working in an old movie theater that had been converted to a mattress boxspring factory. Very little air movement in there.

At some point, I may be able to talk my wife into spending a few months somewhere in FL over the winter. Last January we spent a week in the Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte area. Very enjoyable.

4 Likes

A lot of snowbirds here. Quite frankly itā€™s the perfect scenario if you can swing itā€¦I was raised in Ohio. Not as cold as where you are but to much for me even there. Iā€™ve been back for funerals in February and just about had to have my funeral!!! LOL

2 Likes

Tell those snowbirds to go ahead and spend summer in Florida. Everything is closing down up here :slight_smile:

Decent day hereā€¦low 50Fs ā€¦sun ā€¦ Still nothing blooming.

Warmth really builds into the Pacific NW --Alaska gets a taste of springā€¦in the extendedā€¦pretty normal everywhere else.

Well, I spent 5 or 6 winters in Sebring areaā€¦and that was too many for me!
Considered Ocala area, but if I want horse farms we have better ones in Kentucky.

1 Like

No you donā€™tā€¦I have my home in Ocala! LOL

2 Likes

Can you grow mangoes where you are? That would be my determining factor.

1 Like

Nope. Gotta be farther south. More like Tampaā€¦

1 Like

My friends had a home in Florida, near Port Charlotte I think it was. They had mango, avocado, and fig trees in their yard, along with other fruits. But those mangoes and avocados were incredible! Like softball size. Delicious too. They would bring some back for me after visits. They miss them a lot now. Canā€™t grow those in the ground in KS.

3 Likes