How is your weather? (Part 1)

It has been very dry up here too. Could use a good rain to wash this road salt away. Weds shows rain and so does next Mon. That should also finish off most of the snowpack (shaded areas still have some crust).

1 Like

This may be a significant turn of events around here if the forecast is accurate.

Stayed above freezing last night…we’re probably off to the races with buds and leaves the next 10 days!

What if they miss it in the other direction and you get 60 inches?

Just thinking about more snow makes me sick to my stomach :skull_and_crossbones: But it will come, there is no way we are done with winter.

One of my brothers left for Mexico today. I told him not to come back. (he hates winter too).

60F and windy now…might hit 70F today…going to be close. Rain overnight/tomorrow looks wet but warm’ish.

2 Likes

N CO/WY and far W NE. GFs is crazy with these snow totals… I’ve never seen 70 inches come up on one of these maps.

Liquid for Denver is 1.5 to 3 inches… That is going to be a wet heavy sloppy snow. 10:1 is 15 to 30 inches but i doubt anyone would call that at this point.

Mid 50Fs and rain here. Very spring like.

69 inches? nice

2 Likes

Less windy high 50’s low 60’s. No rain in sight. It has been predicted for two weeks now and has passed us every time. I finally pulled out my garden hose two days ago as a sure sign of spring.

So its trying to say 7 inches of liquid is going to fall…probably not likely. Some sort of long duration upsloping event (east winds hitting the rockies).

Extended looks very march ish here…Some snow looking likely Monday… temps sticking between 40F-50F for highs after that…nothing cold.

1 Like

I work from home so 70 inches would be pretty cool. Most likely not going to happen, but that would be epic nevertheless.

We got 6 inches in one afternoon and night some 9-10 days ago…rain that is…so 7 wouldn’t be impossible.

Colorado is set far enough west where it doesn’t tap into that Gulf of Mexico moisture very often. The conditions need to be just right to line those winds up off the gulf and get that tropical moisture to hit those mountains. Sitting west of the “dryline” is why they have such a nice climate (low humidity/lots of sun) and why everyone and their cousin is trying to move there :slight_smile:

Took a bike ride yesterday. The wind was brutal, but it was mild (hit 69F). So much sand on the roads from winter and it blows in your face.

The benefit is lots of moisture is probably a bonus for farmers. Although that much snow might start killing cattle.

Do you really think that’s why so many are moving to Colorado? Maybe that dryline is misspelled, maybe a highline? movin’ to Colo. for the dry weather and sun, helps with my Rocky Mountain High!

1 Like

Seems like many are all fleeing to colorado, texas, florida and tennessee

heavy rain and thunderstorms up here… wife said some area around here was under a tornado watch earlier… dew points even climbed into the 50Fs (temps in the low 60Fs)… …should be back to reality by morning (upper 30Fs).

Peak wind gusts were near 50mph last night. I got crap all over my yard (i had a stack of cardboard that i was going to compost).

I was reading areas of Hawaii had really bad flooding…worst in decades.

GFS upped its Colorado snow totals…now it shows 81 inches for N Colorado. I can’t wait to see what really falls. Also shows a nice swatch of snow across central Iowa… Des Moines might need those shovels.

1 Like

3 Likes

24 inches of wet heavy snow would be a good ‘guess’.

1 Like

We had a few minutes of heavy rain and wind, no damage. In March, snow is just slow release rain. We could use an inch to settle the soil and ready it for spring.

1 Like

That is about it too. I so hope some local forecaster calls for 80 inches.

I still remember a forecast made locally (NWS/local news…probably both)…calling for a foot of snow (night before the storm) or around there. We got nothing. Precip is difficult to forecast, snow amounts probably being the worst, especially if temps are iffy.

Nice day here…temp around 50F…sunshine. Should be cooler tomorrow and then a slight warm up.

1 Like