How is your weather? (Part 1)

Yeah…snow this time of year isn’t bad…melts super fast. Everything is basically gone here except parking lot glaciers. Even the shaded area of my yard is ice/snow free.

1 Like

I could get used to this! I mean don’t get me wrong, I do actually enjoy Seattle’s winter drizzle, but by March I’m ready to see the sun again

1 Like

Warmer then here. Calling for 57F tomorrow which is about the warmest in the next week+

Iowa looks out of the snow. Shows it falling across S MN to the Madison, WI area. Maybe up to 6 inches in spots–

Autumn here currently…
Screenshot 2021-03-12 162130

1 Like

This looks like the forecast in my area. They probably were taught by the same teacher

2 Likes

A beautiful day here…bright sunshine and md-50s. It’s slush and mud season here. Did some pruning this morning before errands. A quick cold shot coming…peaking on Monday with 20ish/10ish high & low. Hopefully that will be the lowest temp we see until next December. Seasonable warm-up after that.

2 Likes

Until your roof caves in. I guess that might be a cooling event.

2 Likes

Coloradoans shovel their roofs

We have to drive up to do my wifes moms a few times a year unless the weather cooperates or else shes up there and we have steep roofs

Maybe the transplants will have a chance to learn by watching or experiencing or it could be sunny and time to start a tan

@IL847 I feel like all the weather people just get together and drink then come up with a few ridiculous proposals and call it a night.

3 Likes

The reality is, in a few days we will all be basking in warm sunshine drinking a beer. Albeit surrounded by somewhere between 1 and 30 inches of rapidly melting snow.

3 Likes

Every time I turn around the forecast for Monday has a higher amount of snow.

Between 1 and 100 inches in N Colorado. This is the best run yet.

Looks like 2 systems impact this area…the 1st one mon and then a second shot. N Illinois is looking better and better…and N Iowa and S MN still in play. I hope it goes around me. I hate snow.

2 Likes

Here in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, highs around 60-62 with lows 50-60. The kind of weather I wish we could have all year. Thinking of my son Andrew who lives in Phoenix but is out visiting Colorado this week with his wife Erika and son Nathan. What a difference in weather!!!

I see the big event for Colorado is starting to form up.
We had enough rain to remove some of the pollen from the air in KY…more on the way I think.

In just 48 hours…I’ve got apples now showing small blossom buds…two days ago, could still collect scionwood. (Not all varieties…just the early ones, like the red-fleshed apples.)
70 degrees, followed by warm rain…
I sure hope we don’t get any 20 degree stuff in April like we did last year.

1 Like

Was 60F yesterday…about 50F right now but very windy (east wind). NWS showing 2 to 4 inches of snow tomorrow. I think i can handle that. Slow warmup thru the week. Rain Weds and should be 60F ish again by next weekend.

My bulbs i planted last fall are really popping. have no idea what i planted but i better fence them some because the rabbits around here love biting off tulip heads.

3 Likes

And the squirrels dig up the bulbs

There should be squirrel birth control. They ate all my oak seedlings last spring after i potted them up and set them out.

4 Likes

:grin:

I wonder if they get Covid like some other animals? Maybe from food scraps they find on the ground or in compost piles? If cats and minks can get it, I wouldn’t be surprised if squirrels could, too.

1 Like

we wouldnt be so lucky! only the good die young!

Then it mutates in the squirrels, somebody has undercooked squirrel for dinner and catches the mutated strain that kills 9% instead of .02% like with the current virus.

2 Likes