How is your weather? (Part 1)

4.6F last night, a high of 20F forecast for the day. 2 foot of snow remains to melt off.

1 Like

I ate squirrel when i was in high school. Not something that i ever did twice. We use to shoot fox squirrels. If i remember right you could sell the tails (they used them for fishing lures).

Grey squirrels have two breeding periods per year, one in mid-summer and another in early spring. Young are usually born between March and April, with a second litter arriving around July or August. Females may give birth to one to nine babies at a time, though somewhere in the range of three to five is typical. Each baby squirrel is completely dependent on its mother for the first five to eight weeks of development and stays close to the nest during this time.

31F and grey skies. Snow/rain today.

Highest snowfall total i’m seeing out of Colorado is 42F inches in a couple spots. Windy Peak, WY reports 52.5 inches.

1 Like

Yeah, most days as a kid beans in some form were on the table 7 days a week. Salt cured bacon or ham once in awhile. And fish at shoaling time. And squirrel in hunting season.
There were no deer in those days. And we had milk and butter from a cow, but never slaughtered a cow as we had no deep freeze.

Anyhow, by about age 16 I came to the realization that squirrels are just glorified rats, and quit eating them by choice. Before that, just followed what the adults did.

1 Like

a friend of the family that was from MD used to boil them and use the meat to make squirrel gravy over biscuits. was pretty good. we dont have grays or fox here . only the little reds which are too small to bother with. i shoot them and throw them in the compost with the crows i often dispatch as well. :wink:

2 Likes

I really don’t like this weather. It is snowing again, ground is all white, 30ish temperatures

2 Likes

Booooo, so sorry to hear about your snow!

1 Like

Chilly here today, back to mid-50 ‘s with a breeze. Ugh!

Inch of slush

-25f windchill today. 30mph gusts. march has been wicked windy so far but a real nice warmup into the 40’s by weds and the weekend. no snow forecasted in the 2 week either. :slight_smile:

1 Like

.22 cal.

3 Likes

I would say a solid 2-3 inches of slop here. Just enough to make it annoying. Should be a slow warming stretch now.

Mistral today and very gusty. Not fun. But the sky is a gorgeous blue without a single cloud. Very beautiful, if you’re indoors!

1 Like

comming out of a cold windy stretch. supposed to be 40;s and maybe a 50f in the 10day starting tom. might be close to snow free by apr. no snow in the forecast. havent seen that in a very long time. getting in the last couple weeks of icefishing. can go everywhere on the lakes with trucks right now. need the ice creepers tho.

-25 windchill wowza!

1 Like

They blew it on the temps - not rising like they said

1 Like

seen -100f windchills here. nothing without a engine block heat plug runs in those temps. a family friend that worked for the government for 40 yrs. retired and moved back to Maine . his wife was from southern N.M. one winter here and she forced him to go back south. :wink:

1 Like

Finally getting rid of some bitterly cold air…bye-bye!

Tomorrow is sunny & 50…bitter North wind returning Friday…then a major warm-up…near 60 for a few days early next week.

2 Likes

Supposed to be 50 and sunny the rest of the week! New grapes are going in the ground and copper spray on the trees followed by oil. Things are finally moving towards spring. Hopefully no late may frosts this year…

2 Likes

We had clouds and 30Fs all day. Today hopefully is a little warmer, but clouds are still stuck overhead.

Next week looks like rain Mon thru Friday? Very active weather pattern. Looks mild though.

It looks like that we are going to have dry and nice temperature in 60s this weekend. A perfect time to do some plum grating