How is your weather? (Part 1)

Yeah i laughed at that too. Makes no sense. I’d say late fall. October…sometimes November. Sept is usually still too hot/humid.

Another inch of rain today…storms moving into the region right now. Thundering.

yeah. its hot and dry usually in Maine in aug. most every fruit is done by the 1st week of aug. except late apples, aronia and everbearing raspberries… recreationally if you like the heat i guess its ok. sept.is my favorite time of the year to go camping. warm days, cool nights. weathers pretty stable. no more bugs out. :wink: mid 80’s with some showers around and muggy the next 7 day. the dog days of summer.

1 Like

While I get why they pick summer for the PNW, I prefer the dreary drizzle of winter to the smoky drought of summer personally

PNW has some really nice weather. Mild winters, mild summers. Beats here where we get -30F or 100F+…and most of the summer is very humid.

Ended up with 7.6 inches of rain this weekend.

2 Likes

Supposed to get into the 90s in a few days.
Another heat wave in Port Orchard Washington

I think by ‘best weather’ they probably mean sunshine and not rain/snow.
Sept. is correct many years for Kentucky. October in other years. And once in a great while November is our best month.

1 Like

while we get that cold and sometimes colder , its rare we get to 90f and most years less that 10 days in the 80’s during summer. been a bit cooler this summer but it warmed up over a month early this spring.

Maine sounds nice. Is it cool because of north winds out of Canada or is it more Atlantic influence? Maybe its both. I follow a few Van life people and they all seem to run for the west coast this time of year (Oregon/Washington). I’d go park at about 10,000 feet in the Rockies until cooler fall weather shows up.

3 Likes

we get more N.W winds out of Canada. its cololer with less humidity but when it predominitely comes from inland south its hot and muggy. if your in s. Maine south winds will keep it cooler than us as the ocean cools the air before it comes to shore. Maine weather can get pretty complicated.

2 Likes

Some in KY got a gully-washer and some got a light rain…today…
we’ll take it.

Sounds good, i’ll pack my bags :luggage: I’m guessing it’s like here and that houses sell fast and for way over the asking price most of the time? I drove thru the car dealerships this evening and noticed that they have fewer cars then i’ve ever seen. One lot was about empty and what they did have everything was parked sideways to fill up space.

91F and humid tomorrow.

@warmwxrules
It’s very real “inflation”. Some of the terms related to rain, drought, heat, cold are not necessarily–but from chicken to cars to homes–there is some record breaking ‘heat’ coming.

Appears to be rainy/humid for next 5 and then improved outdoor conditions for the 10 to 14 day forecast. Not short on the year here, but still glad to see more rain.

Dewpoint like 77

up until last year it was the opposite. houses were very cheap as was land and many were leaving for downstate or out of state for work. riots and a spiking crime rate in the cites in s. new england in the last year or so have sent many looking to live up here despite our bad winters.

2 Likes

So you’re saying I should hope for more crime and riots in Seattle? So far the amount we’ve had haven’t been enough to scare away as many people as are drawn to our city, which continues to grow at a ridiculous rate. Wish we could keep our summer weather a secret and focus on the dreary winters instead.

Dew point just climbed to 77F here. Rain looks to be moving in.

How many years have you been in Washington? I’ve never been over that way (just California and CO and WY).

5 years and counting, so yes I’m part of the problem as a relatively recent transplant! :joy:

why would i say that? i wouldnt wish that nonsense on anyone.it shows how devolved we have become. ive talked to some of them and they arent only from new england. many from cali. as well. ive never seen so many cali. plates in my life as ive seen here in the last year. talked to one lady at my dog groomers and she stated taxes and crime drove them out. both her and her husband were born/ raised there as well as their 2 young kids.

2 Likes

My area (SW WA State) remains dry. I’ve been trying to be increasingly “water wise” if for no other reason than it’s too much work to water a lot. I let dandelions, wild carrots, clover grow throughout my yard. The grass is brown but there are zillions of honeybees and bumblebees all over the blooming flowers. Neighbors are… not enthusiastic about my yard, except two places over there are horses, donkeys, and next one over from them has sheep, and more have cows and horses. So this is not in town by a long shot.

I have black plastic down for mulch for squashes. I thought it might overheat, but instead they grew like crazy and there are some of the biggest squashes I’ve ever grown. And more of them. I do give each plant a bucket of water, daily.

Maybe next year I will add drip emitters for those, which are working nicely for the tomatoes. They are producing like crazy, as is the sweetcorn. I might use plastic mulch next year for tomatoes too, to cut back outdoor labor and water in summer.

This week should get up into the hundreds again. Not surprising for this time of year. The silver lining is hat as long as distant forest fires remain distant and not upwind, the air here is much less smoky due to brushfire bans. We can hang our our laundry and it dries in an hour or two, and smells fresh and no power used and whites are whiter due to sun.

We have lots of blackberries now, without watering. The leaves.

With the heat and dry, it could all go to Hannibal in a handbasket overnight, so we have a bugout bag packed just in case.

2 Likes