How is your weather? (Part 1)

Sorry if it was unclear, I was being sarcastic/tongue-in-cheek!

1 Like

I always notice out of state license plates and this summer i’ve seen a huge mix of them. Some probably for the first time…lots of TN, KY, FL, CA and even parked next ot some Maine plates at the grocery store. I think a lot of it is people are really moving around again and maybe some are here to stay…One winter and they’ll start crying for sun and warmth.

I drove about 500 miles last week and the traffic on i94 was insane both days. Camper, rvs, semis…

2 Likes

We’re in for another heat wave starting tomorrow.
Could hit 99 by Thursday here
Port Orchard Washington

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/port-orchard/98366/daily-weather-forecast/336343?day=3

Might need to head west and go swim in the Pacific or head up to Mt Rainier.

2 Likes

I drove close to 600 miles in past 7 days on I-75 in KY. Besides all the KY vehicles…Ohio prominent. But Florida, Georgia, Indiana and Michigan represented in quantity. Next probably west Virginia.
Definitely not the usual numbers of ONTARIO plates!
(Locked I guess…too bad they feel like Mexicans aren’t a threat but Canadians are to the COVID situation! )

And one AZ driver doing 65 in center lane for through Rockcastle County…about causing several accidents and forcing tractor trailers doing 75 in 70 zone to use the inside lane that they’re not supposed to be in.
Also Alaska and California and Mississippi have been spotted.
Haven’t seen Missouri plates in months.

We were around Wisconsin Dells last week and got stuck in a downpour. Traffic went from 80mph down to about 40mph and many cars had their hazards on for about 10 minutes. Pretty crazy…like driving thru a car wash. I had an 18 wheeler tailgating me at about 75mph…i didn’t know big rigs could do 80 but this guy must have been independent and had a hot date waiting at home :fire:

Rain all stayed south of here today…thank God.

I hitched a ride 45 years ago … flatbed driver overloaded steel rebar…he had it doing 90.

Also, 41 years ago, merged at 95 between two Roadway trucks…speed limit 55 at those years.

Typically I’m being passed by many more than I pass…it doesn’t pay to try to get there first in a vehicle over a third of a million miles on it. But I wuz young once.

About half places got more rain today in southern KY.

I suppose back then the roads had much less traffic too. I’m just old enough to remember the 55mph speed limits. Cars were death traps though. My mom had a Pinto when we were young. Rear wheel drive and it was terrible in the snow and if you got hit in the back you burst into flames and were burnt alive.

If you head out west the speed limits are really high…i think Nebraska is 80mph …That stretch from Omaha to Denver is like the autobahn. Its weird too because you are gaining quite a bit of elevation during that stretch but its subtle.

2 Likes

Back int the 90 ‘s!

Storm and power outage. Some big damage must have happened, They Say it’ll be out for a while. Gonna be up in the humid 90s again next two days

1 Like

It is pouring here. Probably picked up an inch in the last half hour.

1 Like

From HOT to VERY HOT 97 today.

1 Like

Today’s the first day in our new heat wave… just went out and drenched the gravel floor in the greenhouse to help the delta° a little in anticipation of today’s (outside) high getting into the 90s. Already hotter outside than a normal day in the greenhouse:

I’ll probably have to be doing that a few times per day over the next few days. Already have moved most of the container plants out, but the in-ground trees don’t have that option. I don’t think it’ll be hot enough this time to bother with shading the greenhouse like last time, hopefully it’s not going to get too much hotter than forecast though! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I95 north of Bangor. ME is 75. i was suprised at this when they changed from 65 to 75. that part of the state was and still is moose country. the accidents are usually not survivable on that stretch when they do happen. yet many drive alot faster than the limit. nothing but trees and a few farms for 200mi.

2 Likes

Dew point dropped from 77F to 59F this evening…huge change in airmass as west/nw winds came in behind the big storms this afternoon. I’ll take it.

2 Likes

I hope it make it south…heat index over 100 yesterday afternoon.
Not productive trying to work in it. Same for Thursday.

2 Likes

Only 58% humidity and feels like 102! Geez…

Your actual temp higher but our humidity higher…heat index around 100 at 3 or 4 p.m.

But, in the big scheme of things, not a bad summer here at all.

hey we have matching weather today but it was about 10% higher humindity here. awful out there. if it wasnt for the 10mph breeze i couldnt have even watered my plants. need rain bad.

Steve, still have a couple or more survivors in the currant/gooseberry cuttings from the spring…they’ve needed little from me.

1 Like