How is your weather? (Part 1)

Good thing locally is liquid amounts are now more like 3/4 inch with storm #1…so hopefully that is it. That second storm shows about 1/2 of liquid too… that one really wraps int he warm air for the whole area and points eastward… that should get some melt going quickly… GFS shows mid 50Fs next Weds.

Just looking…March is running 20.2F below normal so far…lol…

NWS still saying 33 here next Weds.

1 Like

now your talking some sense! :wink:

I hate winter and want it to end, but i think we have so much snow that it is going to blunt any significant warming for some time (60F+). A big warm rain though would get things cleared quickly but would probably lead to epic flooding…

3 Likes

I fear the flooding this spring may be substantial, and in a good number of states. When all this snow melts and eventually ends up in the Mississippi River…it’s all gotta go somewhere

1 Like

39 as a high today, with more rain and snow. The ten day has us between 25 and 47 with more snow on Wednesday. I just hope the rain holds off during recess time!

Latest storm model has us getting 9-12" of wet, heavy snow tomorrow/tomorrow night. :confounded:

At least next week’s storm now looks to miss us or be more rain than snow (for now)

Next weeks storm looking wetter then this one.

I really wonder where all that rain is going to go.

1 Like

Yep, Tennessee had it’s wettest February ever, and the Tennessee, Cumberland rivers are already full and heading to the Ohio then the Mississippi. If Iowa and Minnesota and Wisconsin get big quick snow melts…the Mississippi River may have a record year…not something anybody wants.

3 Likes

About 36, and snow is about over here, we got maybe 2", looks nice, but it’s about to change over to rain. This weekend will get up to the 60s, with T-storms tomorrow. So, more messy ground to deal with. Would like to get the tractor out but still can’t.

1 Like

Get prepared for a second wet year in a row I think, Bob. Certainly it’s starting off as wetter than last year, and last year was a record.

1 Like

Last year was horrible here. VERY wet…I really hope not this year. I couldn’t even till weeds out of the rows…

I hope - not into the leak in my roof

You should be mostly (all)rain…doesn’t look horrible on GFS…this is accumulated liquid next 144hrs…according to what it sees.

That area Omaha and northwest towards MSP looks awfully wet. Obviously the track of the storms can move that precip up or down//left or right.

Man, I sure hope that’s accurate. 5" or so is not a big deal. Close to a foot is a different deal entirely

1 Like

That is liquid precip…rain… some of that would be frozen/some liquid (2nd storm)…

5" of liquid in a week…oh boy. On top of the 3-4’ snow pack that would be kinda catastrophic

1 Like

Yeah, I think this winter has already been a top 5 wettest ever here. And last year was almost as bad. Hate it but what can you do? At least it’s supposed to warm up starting tomorrow, with just a couple nights below freezing the next week.

This is the snowiest in a long time up here. I am really glad I will not be here when it melts. The mud in the clay is bad up here - it’s not going to dry out until July at this rate. The temperatures seemed pretty normal, but the snow was in amounts that I haven’t seen in years.

Last time I checked I saw 3" for tomorrow and 3-5" Sunday - but the temps were going to warm into the 30’s and it’s coming out of the East again which makes everything here worse for some reason. Sounds messy :frowning:

1 Like

On ground with 28" of frost too. Our radio farm show said NWS predicted 95% of all streams in Ia. will flood this year. Deep frost, deep rain, and deep snow means deep floods.
Wet spring will not portend a wet summer, look at this winter.

1 Like