How is your weather? (Part 1)

Allegedly going to hit 50 next Saturday. I sure hope that’s accurate

4 Likes

supposed to get in the 40’s here also . cmon spring!

2 Likes

Should… i think we’ll see our first 60F either Friday/Sat or Sun…or all 3… Last time we hit 60F or warmer was back in October.

The Mississippi is way out of its banks this morning. Still mostly covered with ice. Marsh is one big lake. Trails are all underwater. Pothole crews were everywhere this morning. One main street in town is closed because the potholes were so bad.

2 Likes

Finally the weather is hitting 60s this Weekend. Time to spray copper and do some prunnig.

Tony

3 Likes

now you guys are talkin’!

2 Likes

Watching the weather out of the Metro this morning…it’s all brown down there. Very little snow remaining. Still around 15" in the woods here. Amazing the difference a couple hours makes.

I don’t know what part of town they showed on TV, but, I still have a good foot in my yard (Anoka county, north metro). I do have a lot of big trees in my neighborhood however that probably slows down the melt

1 Like

I have no idea where they were showing. It was a few different shots and some traffic cam shots. I saw a few piles of snow on the traffic cam shots, but those were mostly brown as well.

NWS Minneapolis shows 2 inches on the ground … Rochester shows 3 inches and La Crosse shows 3 inches… Eau Claire 10 inches and St Cloud 7 inches…

Seeing a lot more of the lawn around here, but still plenty of snow in piles. I do think in south facing areas the frost has come out of the ground. My foot sank into some mud and i’ve noticed soem ponding that was jus tthere is now gone…so hopefully the ground is starting to take some of this snowmelt.

1 Like

Yeah, along the highways, especially where the ground is sloped, the snow goes pretty fast

You can check the last 7 days here…it has really been reduced on the south end. I could hardly see my mailbox a week ago and nows its almost completely clear of snow.

https://mrcc.illinois.edu/cliwatch/DLY_SNDP_MAPS.htm#

1 Like

Think my dreams of 60F or warmer are now just up to what Saturday can do. Sunday looks wet. Friday looks colder now with a cold shot moving thru Michigan and north winds messing up my desire for warmth.

Getting warmer

Well, I will (unfortunately) get to see for myself what the Metro looks like on Thursday. I haven’t been through there since early December.

1 Like

The 50 that was in our forecast for the weekend has now been downgraded into the 40s. I figured it was too good to be true. I looked at the Madison, WI forecast for the end of the week and they are only projected to be in the low 50s.

Still plenty of snow on the ground here east of St. Paul, MN.

2 Likes

we lost about 12in. of the 147in. that fell so far this winter. :wink:

3 Likes

Nice day here about 55 and sunny. It’s finally dried out a bit enough to get the tractor out and change the oil. Got a bit of a red-necked sunburn, too, right before spring starts.

2 Likes

I drove my pickup out in someone’s yard…and didn’t leave tracks. So, yes, it’s drying up pretty fast in Kentucky.Wind and low humidity will do that…along with grass growing and sap rising.

1 Like

We have had some nice sunny days in the 50s. Tomorrow and Friday we get more rain.