How is your weather? (Part 1)

Geez…That would be a historically cold average here…LOL

I’ve said this before…but Jan in Miami is warmer then July in my backyard!

May when its normal is a beautiful month…warm enough, but low humidity. Long days…usually sunny except for cutoff lows…which are the worst possible thing to happen to anyone. Basically when a low pressure system (like what we have now) gets cut off from the jet stream and just lingers (like The Cranberries song)… there was one back in the early 2000’s that the low actually started going backwards and rotated around the area. We had like 10 days of clouds/rain…

maynormals

1 Like

61 currently…lowest it’s been for more than 48 hours.
My pie cherries have had total petal fall…but my mom’s 2 miles away in valley are in full bloom.

Apple blossom is heavy…and I saw some honeybees on the trees.
Granny Smith and Niedwetzkyana have had petal fall.

Pawpaws all look good. Even the ones I planted July 4th last summer.

Also planted a 6pak of tomato plants and some bean seeds.

1 Like

Maryland here (20 min south of Baltimore) - its been nice, highs of 60-80 lows of 40-60? Feels like it went straight from late winter to early summer with no spring, though. Very weird to have these balmy afternoons with such an early sunset.

I’m going to wait a bit before I try transplanting my hot peppers, hibiscus, and (sub)tropicals just out of an abundance of caution. I’m not calling it yet, but I think last frost was almost exactly two weeks earlier than “normal”.

Edit: Have seen bee activity, so thats good.

High winds and stormy weather is expected for Sunday night. Hope my bagged pears don’t get ripped off. The apples are about big enough but I will wait at least until Monday to get started bagging them.

1 Like

Forecast for Sunday overnite has gone from skirting the freezing point to upper 20s. Will bring in the potted citrus - of which fortunately I only have a couple

1 Like

32 degrees predicted tonight in our part of Oklahoma. New fruit trees and optimistically planted annuals either covered or moved inside. This looks to be our last chance of frost, so planting those fruit trees tomorrow.

1 Like

Rain and chilly!

1 Like

It’s a three day holiday in MA this weekend+Mon, it’ll rain 70% of the time these 3 days. Sunny on Tues and Wed. Oh, well.

2 Likes

1st . 60 of spring today. walking around the yard in a t shirt. starting to see some patches of lawn.

4 Likes

I tried spouting some parsnips in paper towel on my heating pad for the first time. They are sprouting after 7 days. The garden is now covered with several inches of snow and it is 39 degrees out. I may have to dig through snow to plant them.

1 Like

Didn’t get out of the 30Fs for the 3rd day in a row. Snow still on the ground. Melted maybe half of it so far…maybe.

The plus side is that it really can’t get any colder.

lol…just wait a few hours. Low in the teens tonight

Seventies and nice again today, just about every day in the 70s this week and not too much rain. But, we might get some storms tomorrow, and then maybe drop down into the 40s tomorrow night. Trees are really starting to leaf out now, and grass needs to be mowed already.

1 Like

Redbud trees glorious this year. Saw pawpaw blooms already. Dogwoods almost there.
Service berries have had petal fall.

1 Like

Man that’s a tough hand. 81°F here today. Our winter reprieve is certainly over.

Yeah, went to town today and the road is bracketed in many areas with redbuds blooming. Saw quite a few other blooming trees.

Only 5 of my apples are blooming now, three of them probably are too small to support one apple… But, there are a bunch of what looks like fruit buds opening on some trees, but still too early to tell. My big Winesap still isn’t showing any fruit buds. :confused: