How is your weather? (Part 1)

Sunny, a little wind, not breeze, so too cold to go to the beach for lunch. Great gardening weather. It’s in the high sixties. The sun has really helped my peaches.

1 Like

We have had 20+ mph wind all day today.

I hope it will die dien before dark so I could spray.

1 Like

Rain/storms this morning. Maybe a little hail mixed in there… done now…clouds and warm. Calling for 84F today…the sun comes out and its going to be hot.

Dewpoints on the rise today and storms tonite again…they started yesterday in the 30Fs (very dry) and right now sitting at about 60F for a dp… might go near 70F today…

80 here with a dewpoint in the low 60s. Possible t-storms later

1 Like

upper 50’s with showers all week. at least its not continuous rain. need a dry spell to spray my trees. seeng some leaf damage.

Just got the t storms, and a tornado siren to boot. Another night letting the kids watch a movie in the basement. But it was reeeeally dry here today so I’m glad to have the rain.

2 Likes

3.6" of rain in less than an hour, and a beautiful sunset to finish out the day!

3 Likes

Rain/tstorms h ere…nothing extreme but nice…rain wasn’t all that much but enough to water everything.

1 Like

Excessive Rainfall Discussion
NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD
420 AM EDT Wed Jun 05 2019

Day 1
Valid 12Z Wed Jun 05 2019 - 12Z Thu Jun 06 2019

…THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF EXCESSIVE RAINFALL ACROSS THE MIDDLE TO
UPPER COAST OF TEXAS INTO SOUTHWEST LOUISIANA…

…Eastern Texas into Southwest Louisiana…
There is a strong model consensus for very heavy to excessive
rainfall amounts day 1 along the Central to Upper Texas coast into
Southwest Louisiana. PW values 2.25 to 2.50+…3+ standard
deviations above the mean…expected to impact much of eastern TX
into the Lower MS Valley day 1 in an axis of strong southerly low
level flow…850-700 mb moisture flux anomalies 3 to 5 standard
deviations above the mean…off the western Gulf of Mexico.
Rainfall intensities likely to increase early this period along
the mid to upper TX coast in the above mentioned axis of anomalous
850-700 mb moisture flux off the western Gulf that will be moving
only slowly up the TX coast into southwest LA day 1. SREF
probabilities for 5"+ rainfall amounts are in the 70-100% range
across much of the coastal sections of WFO HGX and LCH
CWA…inland by approximately 50 nm. In this region…the latest
hi res model consensus is for 6-10"+ amounts with these amounts
depicted in WPCs day 1 qpf. Changes to the previous Excessive
Rainfall Outlook for this period was to introduce a high risk in
the consensus very heavy qpf axis. Otherwise…only some minor
changes made to the slight and moderate risk areas…suppressing
them slightly southward to match the consensus heaviest precip
axis. Widespread major to life threatening flooding possible in
the high risk area…especially across the Houston metro region
which is susceptible to major flooding issues.

1 Like

Looks like 85F here today… 81/85/84 the next three days… After Sunday’s good chance of rain… things get interesting. The GFS plunges some awfully chilly air back into the region. Overnight lows back into the 40Fs… to the north…do i dare say frost? Who knows…but the airmass looks not warm :slight_smile:

Long range forecast shows starting Sunday our highs are in the 60s and lows in the 40s for a number of days.

1 Like

Excessive rainfall is a accurate description of current situation in Chicagoland. My garden 2 inches deep in the soil is a pool of water, trees in lower area is in a puddle every time after the rain and we almost have rain every day this month and last month! Ground is very saturated, trees are struggling and stressful.

1 Like

I could see the cranberry areas to my NE dropping easily into the 30Fs…but for how short the nights are this time of year…isn’t a lot of time to stick around in that temp range. I think a cooldown will be welcome after this week. I’m going to need to turn the AC on today i think for the first time (i did make it to June…the past few years i needed it in May).

1 Like

It’s 72, and has been raining here off and on this morning, having a heavy shower now. I did a lot of mowing yesterday because it’s supposed to be pretty wet here he next 5 days, so wanted to get ahead of that. I needed to spray, but held off because of all the rain.

I knew the dry and warm weather wouldn’t last, seems like we’re back into our somewhat normal spring weather pattern.

1 Like

Lookslike that’ll take care of the drought in the SE

1 Like

Yes you bet!

The newest model shows Sunday almost being dry now…maybe that cold front will push through dry…which does happen.

Kids done with school around here today. Summer begins.

1 Like

Dews have plummeted this afternoon as temp has soared …up to 86F now…but dews back in the 40Fs…were in the 60fs (greasy) earlier.

Think next week will be much more pleasant… then after that i’d imagine summer returns. Nothing looks wet. Maybe finally we can get the rivers to drop below flood.

Mosquitoes were thick yesterday…the bike trail was full of gnats…had to cover face they were so thick.

yeah the bugs are evil in Maine in a wet spring/summer. if its not the black flies its the mosquitos, no-see-ums, deefflies, horseflies or moose flies which are as big as a hornet and hurt like hell!