How is your weather? (Part 1)

Lucky you. We need rain so badly.

2 Likes

I believe OHIO will get rain!!! Never fails it will happen when you least want it or you will get way to much!!! LOL…

True. We had 25+ days of rain in May. Never a good sign because it means no rain in August. Sure enough no rain since after the first week in August. The weather people keep teasing us with “possible rain” every few days. Now they say “maybe Monday”. We need that rain. The ground is as hard as concrete.

I feel for you Mike. I was raised outside Columbus and the Concrete ground is a real troubling effect.We complain a lot about the humidity here but it really does serve to at least water the trees and plants over he evenings. Humidity during dry periods here will go from 50=60% in the daytime to 98-100% at night. It will fog all your air conditioned windows and in a camper it stays 60-85% at night. Thank God for new technologies in Campers that it doesn’t ruin everything. I keep a gun or two in mine to hunt with. I use the DAMPRID in my safe ALWAYS!!!

2 Likes

So you know what crazy type weather we can get. Lots of humidity in the summer months. We do not get the windows fogged up except for a few times. You are right, that type of humidity helps the trees and plants.

3 Likes

I do know. I was raised in Reynoldsburg and lived in Ohio until I was 27. My Mom was from Caldwell and Grandma was from Marietta… Ohio can have some of the craziest weather swings ever. Wasn’t it just 10 or so years ago they had NO summer? I have an ex wife in Dayton as well… My current wife was raised in Cleveland… The Snow capital of Ohio…

I’ve been a weather nut for years. Ohio is a real microcosm of the entire country. You can get so many types of weather from North to South and East to West it’s really quite perplexing. I was there for the Loveland and Zenia Tornadoes. Both real monsters with life altering effects. Anyone who wants to study weather extremes in the lower 48 should travel Ohio!!! My grandparents somehow had a very impressive garden in Caldwell for many years… Just Smart country people. Grandpa used a Hand Tiller into his 80’s…

2 Likes

Over 34 inches of rain has fallen in Jefferson County, TX over the past 72 hours . #Imelda

3 Likes

Storms fired over night…been nonstop since about 2am here…very heavy rain just south across IA/MN border… that area has been really hard lately. Lots of training of thunderstorms (just redeveloping over same areas).

2 Likes
1 Like

Latest HRRR 13Z ABSOLUTELY devastating. This is ON TOP of what has already fallen…

2 Likes

Jefferson Co Officials order evacuation due to imminent levee break.

Jillian Fertig
@JillianFertig
BREAKING: Jefferson County Judge Jeff Branick is ordering Gilbert Lake Estates to evacuate due to concerns that Green Pond Levee could break. The only way out is by boat. If you can assist, Jefferson Co. is asking for your help.

In Southeast Texas, Imelda Inundates Homes and Roads; Hospital Evacuated, Hundreds Rescued from High Water - less than an hour ago

Flash Flood Emergencies continue for parts of southeastern
Texas as isolated storm totals from #Imelda could get up to 30-40". More than 2 feet of rain already reported in places like Hamshire & Pine Island Bayou. #txwx

NEW: Texas Governor @GovAbbott declares a state of disaster in 13 Texas counties as #Imelda brings extreme flooding to parts of the state #TXwx

1 Like

Can’t imagine getting the kind of rain they’re having in Texas…worst part about Houston is it’s in a bowl so the water really has no where to go…also saw something on the news that since 1950 the size of the city has grown 650%…more concrete and pavement, less open land to absorb the water = flooding…

Here in NE FL we’re having pretty much perfect weather…got a cool front moving through and a little over .6 inches of rain in the last 24 hours…

1 Like

lowlands this week got killing frost 2xs but so far I’ve been spared. have 17 pepper plants outside in 5 gal. fab. pots that are still ripening. i want salsa! supposed to hit near 80f tom. but more showers moving in next week.

First frost/freeze? for some across MN/WI around day 10. Nothing crazy cold, but still fun to watch. Probably 2 cold mornings with shots of frost across the area.

1 Like

Based upon 46 years of personal calculating, I’d be very surprised if we get frost in Kentucky before the next Full Moon.
Happened in 1980 on Sept. 18 I think. We’ll be setting record warm records next week.

1 Like

Major heat along the east coast as we go cold. DC and those areas should be baking while mid/late fall weather is over this area.

The days are really starting to shorten …really starting to notice the early nights.

The avg first frost here is that second week of October. Although we’ve gone into early November before a hard killing freeze.

2 Likes

rain here all week in the low 60’s. want to put in the garlic but it will have to wait until the weekend.

Twice I’ve been in Wisconsin…both times in October. The first one like to have froze my butt off…as it had snowed the week before. 1986. Second time, left in freezing rain…I think it was 1994. Brrr.

Gotta get to work…pleasant day in Kentucky.

2 Likes