How is your weather? (Part 1)

We just had a little over 1.5" of desperately needed rain over a two day period. That was the first good rain of any type we had since before August, over three and a half months.

Yeah, definitely is the winter​:snowflake::slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

Pretty though!

1 Like

Yes,. But it’s wet and cold out there. It is tough for trick and treat kids

1 Like

Lotta limbs down yesterday, snow was so heavy

Over 3" of rain today
 so far. Still comin’ down hard. It’s already pretty wet around here.

We took kids last night. I didn’t think there were many people out around here without the snow. It was 32F most of the evening so that doesn’t help.

36F and clouds again
 we might see snow tonite
or a mix. Temps are very iffy.

1 Like

Missed out on that. Maybe this winter the storms will all trend south over Iowa
 Iowans love snow
lots of heavy snow.

Bitter cold (for us) 31° overnight low. Crazy for last day of Oct. Keep in mind our JAN/FEB overnight low average is 39°. Here’s the part that’s hard to get your head around unless you’re familiar with CA climate - It was 73° yesterday afternoon.

1 Like

got 2in. of rain last night. rivers are at spring melt levels. 3 days ago we got 2in. also. today is windy and quickly cooling down as a cold front moves thru. gusts to 60mph predicted. weekend looks like more average temps of low 40’s during the day.

Not many kids trick n treat in the neighborhood last night. But the mall was crowded by trick n treat kids

no malls here so they had to earn it the old fashioned way. :wink:

I think we topped 4" yesterday

Here we go 42.6° difference in ONE day. Anyone care to top that? lol

totals of rain for yesterday were 4.28in. ! we’ve had over 6in. in the last week. that doesn’t seem a lot to you folks living down south but we never get that much water in such a short time. here. besides the flooding the wind has tore of siding/ shingles and broke trees all over the place.

1 Like

Besides the heavy snow, I can’t believe it’s down to19 in NovemberđŸ˜±.

1 Like

We had sustained winds of 20-30 MPH with much higher gusts all night last night. It was crazy out there!

2 Likes

they recorded a gust to 62mph last night at frenchville airport. castile had one to 74mph yesterday.

1 Like

We had a decent snow shower earlier but nothing stuck. More clouds today. Should “warm” a little into the upper 40F the next 48 hours
then cold next week.

Mid November shows a very cold shot
that is out there still but low single digits on the GFS. That would be near record i would imagine.

Maybe my habaneros do have a shot at a couple more weeks of growth :sunglasses::hot_pepper::hot_pepper: