How is your weather? (Part 1)

I see lots of upper 60s next week in Omaha. It is early Spring here this year. 58 degrees today and tomorrow.

We had a quick 1in of snow Fri night, by yesterday afternoon it was mostly gone. This morn it dropped to 20, but quickly rebounded to 62 today. Unreal. Took advantage of the day and weeded part of the strawberry patch. But, more rain tomorrow, sure wish it’d dry out a bit. More moderate temps this week, so prob will coax out a few more peach buds.

2 Likes

It’s windy here but still no rain despite the forecast.

Snow overnight…less then an inch. Already melting fast.

Should be in the 60Fs this weekend! Sunday is looking like the day.

Should be 70F or better this weekend. Get the shorts out!

1 Like

getting into the 40f today but another 8in tom. and tom. night.

1 Like

We are heading toward low 50s today…going for a walk on the property, getting the sprayer out, cleaning up some landscape beds.

Seeing low to mid 40s all through the 2 week forecast…it’s definitely looking like an early Spring. That being said…if the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast gets zapped with a late cold spell…it’s gonna be ugly for fruit production.

1 Like

I got tired of reading about things I can’t control, corona virus and the stock market, so I came here!

6 Likes

62 and sunny here today! Light winds around 10mph so it was perfect weather for working outside. It felt so great to be out in SUNSHINE :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Well stated Chikn! Unfortunately there are an awful lot of things here we cant control–weather and mother nature are number 1, possibly followed by getting older (the old gray mare, she aint what she used to be), the stock market, the incessant urge to get more plants, and the list just goes on and on.

4 Likes

Severe thunderstorm watch with moderate chances of hail, straight line winds, flooding and tornado (per NWS and all local news stations). Translation: 0.2" if we are lucky. I’m done with the new, warn for everything just incase, NWS. I understand they want everyone to be aware, just wish there was a better way to guage the risk without crying “the sky is falling” when in fact, it’s more likely to NOT rain than any of the things they warn against. /rant over/ /need rain/ /not hail/

1 Like

As of last Saturday, Accuweather and others were calling for 7 or 8 inches of rain this week.
Instead we got an inch or so…and Tennessee got at least one storm that produced multiple tornadoes. And it was 62 Tuesday dropping into low 30’s. Sunny, windy, and still chilly. No more rain expected this week. Boy, how “dependable” forecasts are past 36 hours!
(NOT).

Back to chilly in the 50’s. High 50’s but last week it was up to 76 degrees. Perfect flu weather, even though we’re all on the look out for Coronavirus. Sounds like its hard to tell the difference!

1 Like

Should be some very warm days in the mid section of the country right thru mid month… Record heat maybe in some areas? Denver to Omaha… Cold stays bottled up in Alaska…

Pretty much “average” around here

1 Like

About average here to… cool 1 day, hot a couple of days then rain for a week and then it all starts over again🤔

Give it time…those numbers are going to crank up… you’ll probably be mowing the lawn by the end of the month :sunny:

Wait! People stop mowing the lawn some months of the year? lol

2 Likes

yep! when its under 7ft. of snow. :wink:

1 Like

:grin: I remember well!! lol. At least we are into March, and the sun will have it’s say. Everyday that sun angle edges up a little and winter will recede.

2 Likes