How is your weather? (Part 1)

Very nice. Normally October is one of the better months of the year for temps but this isn’t one of them.

40F in La Crosse and 78F in Chicago right now. Big time warm front to the southeast. St Louis is sitting at 85F.

Denver is showing 66F Saturday and 8F Sunday night. This next cold shot looks like something that would come down in January.

Snow from N Texas to N Missouri

raining hard here. glad it isn’t snow!

3 Likes

Glad that we are on the warm side of this thing…for now.

1 Like

The ground can totally take it. The Usual Places that have standing water aren’t even squishy.

I have about 2.75 inches in my water gauge, but i haven’t emptied it in a few weeks. Very light rain here the past 24 hours. Still a lot of leaves hanging on and still have flowers outside, but i think Monday will put an end to that.

Fairbanks, AK was -1F this morning… first subzero reading of the season. I’m guessing that is heading this way.

1 Like

I think the pattern basically holds for the next 90 days.

:frowning:

Can you northerners please send us some 40s and 50s? The deer won’t even come out for the heat

Heavy fog too

5 Likes

thats our summer temps.!

2 Likes

You want 50’s, get in the car and drive for 10 hours or more!
82 on Thursday, but currently around 60.

1 Like

I was looking… not sure about further north in FL, but Miami hasn’t been below 70F since early May. If i lived there that would mean my AC would probably have been running non stop since at least sometime in April. I don’t know if i could do it. Too much of a good thing probably.

31F this morning… bird bath frozen again. 2 inches of snow tomorrow. A long slow warmup then next week. Still think judging by the naefs and gfs that we turn mild, but for how long i don’t know…and "mild’ in early November is like 50Fs to maybe tops in the 60Fs. The heat still sticks out west. Summer for those folks.

1 Like

We (in Montana) are expecting record low high and low temps this weekend with blizzard conditions. Helena forecast for today is 14 for the high, minus 4 low (higher than previous forecast), but wind chills predicted in the minus 25 range here in central Montana. Time to use the snow blower for making a path to the chicken coop and get the heated water set up for them, and then hop in the side-by-side to plow the drive tomorrow when the storm is finished. It could be worse, if I had to shop fire wood, but I already have wood sitting by the stove in case the power were to go out…and in the meantime all I need is to hit that toggle button and watch the gas fireplace light itself…or let the furnace heat the house instead. I LOVE IT here when the temps are below twenty and it’s cold enough to wear my fur hats! :smiley:

2 Likes

1 Like

It was 37F last night and we were out by the campfire. Was fine except the wind was blowing the smoke everywhere so you had to play musical chairs to not get smoked out. Snow should move in here overnight.

Snow totals look insane for the panhandle. Not sure what happens down there, but they might need to shovel.

Port Orchard is colder than usual for the season, but nothing dramatic

Helena, where I am, took the direct hit for the highest snowfall in Montana today. Ended up with 20.6 inches. Forecast for tonight is clearing skies, minus 3 degrees. High tomorrow 16. First time I ever got my side-by-side stuck (in a drift) and had to shovel it out.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Again!?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

So strange how that area has been hit time and time and time again this year. Amazing consistency. Sooner or later the cold is going to drop gulf water temps and this will be done.

1 Like