How people are really living off the land

I think we have been yearning for simpler times since the beginning of the neolithic agrarian revolution, every generation looking back with nostalgia at what their imagination told them of better times. Heck I find it particularly funny the passing of moral judgement over society, pointing how they could no longer survive in the proverbial wilderness. The same yearning and the same moral judgement used to be passed by the citizens of the Rome Republic 2,000+ years ago.

I like to work on self sufficiency, but I reserve my moral indignation for people that eat their steaks beyond medium rare.

5 Likes

Come to Alaska! We have all sorts of elbow room :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think its easy to learn that ā€˜areasā€™ have been decimated by humans. The ocean is becoming a struggle since we have figured out how to trawl them to death.

Areas to house billions of people will no longer be areas to grow things or as you say hunt things. Humans need more than housing, they need roads and shopping and entertainment. Car lots and Amusement Parks.

Since you are a fan of ruminants lets go with that theory.

35 million deer in the US. 330 million humans in the US.
Should we hunt them to extinction in 1 month?

90 million cattle in the US. 330 million humans in the US.
Should we live on them for 3 months?

I am ok with your hobby of eating meatā€¦ i think its great.

It just doesnt work as a part of being a modern human. It just doesnt.

Would you have us turn National Parks into feedlots?

2 Likes

And with global warming the north will soon be like the Spanish Riviera. :rofl:

2 Likes

Im not sure how many people watched the video above but you will learn things from it. She knows exactly what she is doing. Was shocked to see someone so skilled i seldom see that. My guess that family has lived off the land for many generations. Simple things like the tools are the secrets in the video.

2 Likes

Isnt it amazing at the amount of work and effort and fuel that people go through to strip that beautiful state down to the bedrock for GOLD.

Wont be long until they tap the oceans up there for oilā€¦ there is more oil in Alaska than there is in the Middle East.

I think eventually we will need to rape Alaska dry for profit.

1 Like

Krisā€¦ I know that most vegans when they consider eating animals it actually makes them sick and they can only think of negative things to say about that.

Your example aboveā€¦ turning national parks into feed lotsā€¦ very similar thought pattern.

In realityā€¦ there are millions of US and world acersā€¦ like that pic aboveā€¦ grazing ruminant animalsā€¦ and it is very beautiful, sustainable and regenerative.

In my county hundreds of farms raise beef, goats, sheepā€¦ and I see them constantly on beautiful green pasture, eating, pooping drinking water from the creekā€¦

I just do not have the negative thoughts that seem to flood your mindā€¦ when it comes to eating meat.

PSā€¦ it is not a hobby for me (and thousands of others) it is Health.

6 Likes

@TNHunter

Yes people live or die by their diet. Most people are very sensitive to what they eat.

@krismoriah

Alaska teaches people lessons if they live long enough to learn them there. There is not a machine made that can conquer the Bering Sea. The Bering Sea, Where Humans and Nature Collide . The further you go into Alaska and eventually siberia nature is the boss at least for now. People can barely stay alive there and frequently dont.

4 Likes

Tell that to the Crab Fishermen or the Industrial Dredges and the Oil Platforms or the SuperTankers

All you have to do is tell China what thing u want to destroy and they will build a machine to do that thing.

When money is involvedā€¦ man will invent a machine or tool to conquer.

The Time Bandit is one of the smaller vesselsā€¦ there are many 2 and 3 and maybe 4X her size.

1 Like

@krismoriah

-71c -96F is a great deterrent. That area is seldom touched. When people are preparing to live on mars they should go there for training it would be like the bahamas in comparison. Space is full of gold. One asteroid contains more gold than there is in the world today. Space is waiting for those people to invent their machines. There are endless galaxies of resources waiting for them. They need to get better at what they do first. People tend to die from ignorance unfortunately. Siberia is a like the bering sea something men are fortunate to survive. On a bad day they wont survive there. Space will be 100x more risky but i hope they get to that point of true space exploration soon. China do build some incredible machines. Their limits are reached as well in that kind of cold weather. People dont set out to destroy usually they are trying to improve their lives.

1 Like

Iā€™m already buying and growing dandelions, I have watercress in abundance in my garden. But the guy did say extreme, I think itā€™s hard, not easy.

2 Likes

My thoughts and words are based on my personal understanding of being a modern human on Earth.

IF everyone thought as you did and ate meat and called themselves carnivore as you do there would not be a living creature left to eat on the planet. Land or Sea.

The eradication of living creatures would have happened thousands of years agoā€¦ its simple math. It took a very short time to achieve the near genocide of the American Bison.

I do not wish to challenge your way of thinking or the like you said ā€˜thousandsā€™ of others.

Its very simple to understand that the human brainā€™s preferred source of energy is carbohydrates. Thanks to the addition of carbohydrates in the human diet their brains were allowed to function at a higher level and then move onward to evolving.

Perhaps there are carnivore scholars? I think those people drew stick men and animals on cave walls and rocks.

I called being a carnivore a hobby as you have stated before that you switch it up and you grow vegetables and fruits and thingsā€¦ i enjoyed reading your posts about finding sweeter berries and i think you grow Ambrosia sweet corn? Muscadines and other fruits?

That seems like an omnivore to meā€¦but im ok with it being Carnivore if thats what works for you.

I like your picture of the cattle grazing on grass.

Less than 5 percent of American Cattle supply are considered grass fed. It is a niche market.

I have issue with calling cattle that are grain fed ruminantsā€¦and healthyā€¦but thats another topic.

So i guess i will go along with us eating deer and grass fed cattleā€¦ but i think there is only enough food for a week maybe? What then?

3 Likes

Hey we should stay away from that kind of discussion, we know all of your opinions, but letā€™s not spam every thread with the same thing all over again.
I strike a compromise, I eat little meat and boat loads of vegetables, very little carbs. I donā€™t like carbs, I save them for desserts.

6 Likes

Man has already destroyed the balance of nature. Leaving deer to overpopulate because of hunting restrictions only leads to them dying of starvation and being traffic fatalities. Is that more humane?

2 Likes

@krismoriah - luckily and thankfully only a small percentage of the human population have to eat like that to be healthy.

Please donā€™t contribute to eliminating the food they must eat. That really is awfully in-human.

That small percentage, can easily be sustained by the millions of acres of US Land that is only suitable for growing grass and grass eaters.

All other humans are welcome to eat mostly fruits and veggies. I will in no way contribute to trash talking anyoneā€™s choice of food. If it works for them, by all means eat and be healthy.

I my self love fruits and veggiesā€¦ but it is a love / hate relationshipā€¦ I love to eat them, but hate when I immediately get serious gut pain, and authritus (if I eat too much).

4 Likes

No big dealā€¦ we can live in Antarctica. The ol stars and stripes is everwhere!

South Pole is no big deal.

If you want to live below the ocean we have nuclear submarines.

If you want to live in the air we have hot air balloons.

You can live underground if you want.

1 Like

Man, I would hate it if somebody pissed in my Cheerios every morning

3 Likes

@TNHunter

I wish you and the thousands of others the best in your time on Earth.

I guess i dont understand the thought process yet.

It would seem to me that the smartest and richest folks on Earth would be carnivores if there was some kind of knowledge to the fact.

It would seem like elite athletes would all be carnivores?

It does however appear at this point in human history that the poorer and less educated you are the more meat you eat.

Another solution is to reduce human population.

1 Like

Thatā€™s more nonsense, the poor people eat more carbs, why, carbs are cheap.

1 Like