Husky or Cherry tomato

Husky Cherry tomato or Cherry tomato. Got three tomato plants from Lowes and the description list that it is the Bonnie Cherry Tomato. When I get home I google it by name and all I find is Bonnie Husky Tomato. Are these the same variety? I haven’t ever grown this tomato so what is your opinion? I don’t see any distinction whether it is determinant or indeterminate.

1 Like

Here you go @Auburn

• 1 in. cherry tomato packed with flavor
  • Plant grows between 3 and 4 ft. tall
  • Fruits start to mature 65 days after planting

Model#: 2P0215

Sku#: 1004921378

Internet#: 311914009

Lots of tasty, versatile cherry tomatoes grow on an attractive deep green, husky plant. Unlike most cherry tomato varieties, this plant only grows 3 to 4 feet tall, making it ideal for containers, but produces loads of fruit through until fall. Use tomatoes in salads, stir-fries, shish-kebabs, or for fresh eating. Plant is disease-resistant and will need a cage or stake for support.

• Flavorful cherry tomato – perfect for snacking
  • Pretty, stout, dark green plant
  • Great for containers, but needs to be staked due to heavy fruit loads
  • Dwarf indeterminate, yielding clusters of cherry tomatoes on relatively short vines over a long period of time
  • Disease-resistant tomato variety
  • Light Requirements: Full sun
  • Space 36" apart
  • Nightshade Family
  • 56 - 74 Days to Harvest
  • Good for containers

That’s a deal they have with home depot and lowes type big box store https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bonnie-Plants-19-3-oz-Husky-Cherry-Tomato-Plant-2-Pack-2P0215/311914009?g_store=&source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&&mtc=Shopping-BF-F_D28O-G-D28O-028_008_LIVE_GOODS-NA-NA-NA-SMART-NA-NA-SMART_SHP&cm_mmc=Shopping-BF-F_D28O-G-D28O-028_008_LIVE_GOODS-NA-NA-NA-SMART-NA-NA-SMART_SHP-71700000064169154-58700005694172116-92700066219384996&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6pOTBhCTARIsAHF23fKfsXNFesi9oAbf7nTZgvRaIuBhyD0rBMaCit1VNMVpkdyoSuGQkA0aAu-aEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

So why call it a cherry tomato instead of the type it is? The reason is they have 72 locations throughout the country so in Texas they might not be the same as New York

" Lots of tasty, versatile cherry tomatoes grow on an attractive deep green, husky plant. Unlike most cherry tomato varieties, this plant only grows 3 to 4 feet tall, making it ideal for containers, but produces loads of fruit through until fall. Use tomatoes in salads, stir-fries, shish-kebabs, or for fresh eating. Plant is disease-resistant and will need a cage or stake for support.

• Flavorful cherry tomato – perfect for snacking
  • Pretty, stout, dark green plant
  • Great for containers, but needs to be staked due to heavy fruit loads
  • Dwarf indeterminate, yielding clusters of cherry tomatoes on relatively short vines over a long period of time
  • Disease-resistant tomato variety
  • Light Requirements: Full sun
  • Space 36“ apart
  • Nightshade Family
  • 56 - 74 Days to Harvest

"

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bonnie-Plants-19-3-oz-Husky-Cherry-Tomato-2-PACK-LIVE-PLANTS/5002181559?cm_mmc=shp--c--prd--lwn--ggl--PLA_LWN_123_Live-Goods--5002181559--online--0-_-0&ds_rl=1286981&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6pOTBhCTARIsAHF23fLEfpB2F-1Flk-UvHu3gQK9KPxxGBnZYSQaU5GvOzWZVAXNT1cTi0AaAl5-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Knowing which cherry tomato you have specifically is not their plan. That’s why they are so general on terms. 56 - 74 Days covers a lot of ground on when it fruits. These cherry tomatoes in my opinion are not a known name. We also know they are resistant to V, F wilt.

1 Like

Wow. Thanks for all the details. I’m pretty sure this plant will be good one.

1 Like

That is, if you desire a determinate tomato that only produces for a fortnight.