Hybrid Persimmons Future Look Great

I’m eagerly looking forward to Nikita’s gift. It set almost 50 fruits on a second year tree but has dropped all but 8.

4 Likes

Ramv,
Count your blessings :):grin:

I lost all 19.

1 Like

@mamuang I hope it keeps these until they ripen. 50 was way too much for such a small tree. 8 seems about right. But I am concerned since there is so much talk about it being a dropper.

@markalbob Yes graft of the year.
But I’m cheating. No problem of wind, they are in my greenhouse. water + heat and persimmon pushes hard. I have trees that are already at the top of the tarpaulin (3.60 m or 11.81 ft.), Which represents a shoot of 10.5 ft minimum.

But it’s useless.
After I cut everything to 1 m (3.3 ft). It allows me to have a beautiful trunk a report root head very favorable for the recovery. Because in greenhouse the report root leaf is unbalanced.

I am rooting for you. I would like to hear your report of its taste.

1 Like

Got to taste this new hybrid from Ukraine. It is rich and complex reminding me of the best american persimmon with extra hint of cinnamon and tropical fruit, definitely a different texture, taste lingering very sweet. Will have one a day for lasting experience.

36 Likes

Hey Harbin,what’s called this hybrid? Looks very nice, it has beautiful colors.

1 Like

That looks awesome. Congrats!

2 Likes

Congratulations, I did not know that this variety became black if left in the tree longer.
The taste is changing too, I think.
Thank you for these beautiful photos.

5 Likes

It is called Chuchupaka. Now, if that sounds funny you should know that it was named after Vasyl Chuchupak a national hero from the Ukrainian War of Independence between 1918-21.

8 Likes

That is a very deep colored flesh. I’ve never seen anything like it.

How large is it? Its hard to tell the size from the photo.

I never answered this question even after tasting several of the Nikita Gift fruits.
Its a very tasty persimmon, close to Saijo but not quite there. Maybe they will get better but Saijo is amazing.
Smaller tree and VERY prolific.

4 Likes

The dark fruits reminded me of the Huk Gam Kaki persimmon.

Tony

1 Like

There are other black khaki than the huk gam.

I am not sure if there are other black persimmon fruits but Huk Gam was the one that I remembered.

About 100 grams on the average. Somewhere between Rosseyanka and Nikita’s Gift but hardier than both.

7 Likes

Any hybrids that tasted good and hardier than Rossyanka is a winner in my book. This scion is on my wish list.

Tony

1 Like

@Harbin
" About 100 grams on the average. Somewhere between Rosseyanka and Nikita’s Gift but hardier than both."
?
Which variety are you referring to here ?
Just for clarity .

I always enjoy seeing and hearing about hybrids I have not heard of. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like