I wish I can grow fruits in Omaha like in Orange County

My wife having a blast picking fresh oranges.

Tony

21 Likes

So beautiful family Tony.

1 Like

Tony- You’ve got a very photogenic family that you must be very proud of! Now tell a little more about the story here…are these old photos from a time you lived in Orange County or are they recent photos from a visit you made to Orange County? If the latter, where were you? Curious minds want to know! :slight_smile:

We are in Santa Ana right now at my Aunt’s house in Westminster Ave near Bolsa Little Saigon town. Almost every household here had an Orange, lemon, persimmon, Jujube, fig, pomegranate, Loquat, guava, pomelo, longan, papaya, avacado, and sugarcane. I may have to move here when I am retire.

Tony

6 Likes

That’s the beauty of living in CA. You can basically grow almost anything.

3 Likes

Beautiful Tony!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Tony,

In the first pic, I could not believe they grow sugar cane there!!! Maybe, I should consider moving there :smile:

You and your wife are a beautiful couple.

3 Likes

Yeah,. We both should be neighbors. We will have the best back yard Orchard in our block.

Tony

1 Like

Agree with everyone, Tony, you and your wife makes a beautiful couple!

3 Likes

At Huntington Beach Farmers market. I bought some cool Pluots and Cherrums.

Tony

4 Likes

My friend home fruit in OC Southern California, We might move there in the next 3 years. Unfortunately no pawpaw growing here.
Uploading: 240CBB74-ACC4-42D4-AB70-E3EBB81E496B.jpeg… Uploading: E628C4E6-9E87-4CD8-941F-53B38AC4F420.jpeg…

Uploading: 905ABBB5-9D14-44CF-AE3B-17ECE2644E88.jpeg… Uploading: 6622E2B5-E738-4419-B538-0139E63D0CE7.jpeg… Uploading: D9A0BBD7-2BD0-44F4-936C-39953F6C652A.jpeg… Uploading: 7999549E-A3AB-49D6-82A8-A1CC41A67608.jpeg…

5 Likes

@Bradybb had a friend in Fremont, CA that grown pawpaws. You should be good there in 3 yrs or so. I usually visited LA, Orange county, and Huntington beach every few years and will look you up then.

1 Like

I might move to Temecula the city between OC and San Diego. Hardiness zone 9 or 10 Tony. Hopefully see you some day down there.

1 Like

Lake Skinner is there and is good for Striped Bass.bb

2 Likes

Citrus season is just starting here in California. Nothing but tons of sweet oranges, lemons, and limes for the next 4 months or so :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nothing better than a fresh squeeze OJ.

3 Likes