Ingram apple

Is anyone growing the Ingram apple that can tell us more about it? I just grafted it from Big Horse Creek Farm on M111 so it will be a while 'till I get to try it. They claim Ingram and Crow Egg (northern) are the two apples they grow that are reliable every single year, no matter the adversities, frosts, pests, etc. There is very little info online and, as usual, inconsistent in regards to disease resistance. Ron and Suzanne at BHCF tell me they have no issues with blight or CAR on Ingram. Any experience shared would be greatly appreciated!

The USDA says:

Comments: Fruit: size medium, 60-70 mm; skin 90-100% red, blushed; shape round-conic; flesh very firm, cream colored; flavor subacid; eating quality fair; harvest season late, 2 weeks after Delicious. Tree: upright, productive. Medium-size, fully red, long storage.

|DISEASE|Fire Blight Shoot (Natural)|Natural occurrence of Shoot Fire Blight (Erwinia amylovara) in Geneva, New York.|4 - Moderately susceptible - medium to heavy rating|

| — | — | — | — | — | — | — |
|DISEASE|Fire Blight Blossom (Natural)|Natural occurrence of Blossom Fire Blight (Erwinia amylovara) in Geneva, New York.|3 - ML/M, intermediate

It is sort of unique. A flavor rating of Fuji sweetness and another for Sub-acidic,

A medium apple with some small.

1 Like