Is this spot something to worry about on my Northcountry Blueberry?

I got this in May as a little 4" plant. Once I figured out my watering my little blueberry did pretty good (I think:blush:). Tonight I was checking my 3 blueberries over and there is a rusty looking spot surrounded by black on a leaf.

I just don’t have the experience to know if I should be concerned. Here’s a picture of the whole plant. I tested the Ph, it’s a little high at 5.9. Any thoughts? Almost forgot…earlier this summer they did get a fertilizer burn because I didn’t know to water before fertilizing, but that was like 2 months ago. There was also some hail damage to some leaves. And some tiny insect tried eating new growth till I killed them all.

1 Like

I would not worry about that at all. This time of year everything starts to get spots and haggard looking. Leaves will start dropping in the next month

2 Likes

Whew! I’m already worrying because the darn things won’t stop putting out new growth. It doesn’t help when the weather starts getting fall-like and then turns into 92° again. Thanks for easing my mind.

My Northblue My Northsky.

1 Like