Japanese Beetles vs Immunox

Japanese Beetles vs Immunox. My muscadines just finished blooming and have bb size fruit. Late yesterday afternoon I sprayed the vines with Immunox and this morning no beetles were on the vines. Checked this afternoon and none were on the vines. They are still on my other type of fruit trees. Has anyone else noticed the absence of beetles after spraying or is this a common side effect of Immunox?

3 Likes

I’m thinking they just like the other stuff better. Japanese beetles are just about immune to any sprays. At least from what I have seen.

1 Like

This reminds me that it’s about time for my daily stroll to go out and kill some japanese beetles. They seem to prefer my plums over everything else, including muscadines. If they ever develop immunity to the “pick them off and crush them” strategy, it may be time to give up.

1 Like

I carry a bottle of water. I put about 2” of water and a couple drops of dish soap in it. I don’t have a lot of JB so I walk around my yard, pick them up and drop them in the bottle. This way, I don’t need to clean them off my shoes.

They prefer my roses.

1 Like

A favorite of Japanese beetles is hrapes so i doubt they stopped on their own without a good reason. The immunox will need to be tried again to make any conclusions. Good observation but more testing needs to be done. @39thparallel and i are seeing dramatic reduction in japanese beetles this year so far.

1 Like