Kocide mix dormant oil or Nu film

First time spraying fruit trees, apple, peach, pear, plum, cherry, grapes. Missed fall spray. Plan on using Kocide 3000. Do you recommend mixing with dormant oil or with Nu Film 17. Or can I mix all 3 together? Trees are still dormant. Live in zone 6 WV. Thanks.

i mix all 3 when i spray. not going to use oil this time because i dont have the pest problems.

1 Like

One more question, I’ve spent a good bit of the day reading all the threads in an attempt to educate myself, but am confused as to some of the abbreviations. Does PC = plum curculio, PLC = peach leaf curl, CM = coddling moth, l/s = lime sulfur? Please don’t laugh too hard if Im wrong, I’m trying to learn. :flushed:

2 Likes

All 3 do different things for your trees.
Copper is fungicide and bacteriacide.
Oil smothers larvae, eggs so they could not breathe and are killed.
Nufilm is sticker. It helps keep oil and copper lasts longer on your trees.

1 Like

So it is ok to use all 3 together? Are there risks to trees?

You are correct about those abbreviations. They are not standard. Many of us use it to save some typing time. Don’t worry. If you don’t know, just ask.

2 Likes

You nailed it. I won’t laugh because I have the same problem.

3 Likes

At dormant stage, no risk. Once trees leave out follows a label of each material how much is needed for correct growing stage.

1 Like

Nu-film is a great product. It seems to allow whatever other chemical is mixed with it last longer. I’ve tried every sticker in the book, (there aren’t many) and it works the best.

1 Like

Thanks for input. I bought the Nu Film 17, I guess you switch to P when using close to harvest.

One container of Nufilm lasts a long time if you don’t have tons of trees. I bought Nufilm 17 and use it at all growing stages. I personally see no need to switch to P.

2 Likes

@Sophia2017 Martins sell Nufilm for $38/gallon. Just FYI. Not really trying to promote them, just noticed the price since I was on their website looking for Kocide 3000.

1 Like

Thanks for your information.
BTW, could you give me a link to that?

I just went there.Here is a link.bb
https://www.martinsproducesupplies.com/chemicals/[term-name]/nufilm-17-extender-sticker-spreader

1 Like

Thanks for the link, Susu. It saved me having to hunt for it. They should give you a commission!

1 Like

Is nufilm and mso Similar? I’m planning on spraying my fruit trees with Copper and I have plenty of MSO, I would hate to have to buy anything else