Korean Natural Farming

Thought I’d start a thread for those who are using homemade KNF inputs to fertilize their fruits and veggies or insecticides to protect plantls. What do you have brewing? :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I started researching KNF about 1.5 years ago. I started making inputs right away and used some of them a little, but got busy and had to put it on the back burner. So far I have made FFJ, FPJ, OHN, IMO (not complete), and FFA has been brewing for about 6 months.

I want to really ramp up my knowledge and practice of KNF and JADAM for the next growing season which is why I started this thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Do you have some good references on this? I confess I have never heard of it…

1 Like

This guy has some good info on the original KNF created by Master Cho. The University of Hawaii has this download available (that link is a direct PDF download). It’s pretty good.

Youngsang Cho (Master Cho’s son) - JADAM website

Lots of other good videos on YouTube of random people who make inputs as well.

Hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have made the JADAM Sulphur. Cheap and effective, Just make sure you have an accurate scale and wear safety gear because it get hot.

1 Like

My dad used JADAM fertilizer on one of his hay sorghum fields. We think it did something, compared to no fertilizer, but as that field hadn’t had sorghum in it for a while, not sure.
He needs a better way to put it out. I believe he made the JADAM out of garden weeds. I think the year before he tried cactus and thistle, but I’m not sure how that worked out.

1 Like

I’ve had a mixed fruit orchard for coming on 4 years. It’s been certified organic and in the first year or so, I bought a bunch of really expensive sprays and nutrients. I still have some to use up this year, but I’ve been reading about JADAM and think I’m going to go that route. i can’t afford those purchased inputs. So, I’ll start brewing this spring. Joining this thread so if there are future comments, I’ll hear about it!

1 Like

I keep making LABS and use the curds for cheese to eat, but then I end up drinking the LABS in winter, It seems to do me well. :face_with_monocle:

I’ll try to get more of it on the trees and make an opinion on that part too.

2 Likes

I haven’t been into fruit trees before but Jadam is definitely my preferred garden fertilizer/ bio stimulant method. Definitely excited to start getting a few fruit trees and have a full Jadam plot.

2 Likes