Latest pics from the South of France

Poppy fields for miles. Seas of beautiful red with Mt. Ventoux in the background.

Uploading: 0B68F4D8-CDEE-4B57-96F3-B168B525A61C.jpeg…

Taken yesterday on the way home from Ile sur la Sorgue.

28 Likes

Hello,
It is not poppy, but poppies.
It’s hard to see the culture. These plants are increasingly rare with monoculture. I can’t see the main culture. I don’t see wheat, maybe oats. I seem to see ray-gras. This type of field is often an example of poor weeding.
In France we cultivate the carnation, a medicinal virtue, plant different from this one which is wild.

1 Like

Poppies is plural in English. The singular just describes the type of flower . Yes they are wild and easily self seed. They will all be mowed and planted by the end of the month. Where in France do you live?

4 Likes

Where do you live?

I live in the north of France.
I studied agronomy in the south of France.
The real name of this plant is Papaver rhoeas. It is considered a weed in agriculture.

2 Likes

It is also considered to be beautiful. Can you please tell me if bougainvillea will grow in Uzes, on a protected terrasse Facing south? Also can you recommend the necessary pesticides for my fruit trees and where to buy them? Thank you.

4 Likes

Poppies fields? That don’t sound right?

Well that depends on what kind of poppy. One darn expensive weed!

2 Likes

Funny Drew​:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I love the color. They made the land more interesting looking. Thanks for posting

2 Likes

I suspected I would be told about Monet. I also buy paintings with poppies. But the debate was not there.

The debate for me was to clarify that it is not a crop in France but a wild plant which is associated with poorly weeded cereals.
A field being the resistant of human cultures.

In the case of plants from the same family, as I said in my first message, “poppy” is cultivated to make morphine and is subject to cultivation declaration (like textile hemp).

For Monet I visited his house, it would be a shame not to have done it, it is 30 km from my home.

4 Likes

For the bougainvillea there is no problem.

For the treatments I do not use the products that you will find in garden centers. I take in agriculture range. The active ingredients used in agriculture are no longer sold to individuals. The quantities are not the same either.
To be able to buy and use these products, you need a professional account, training in use and application.
So next is the garden range.

Thank you. I am not a debater by choice, just an observer. Thanks for the information on chemicals.

1 Like

Maybe it’s like the plural of Fish: Fish but, if there are more than one species it’s Fishes.

1 Like

Lol!

In my country poppy fields are agricultural. We grow opium free selections for seeds that are used in bakeries throughout Europe.

1 Like

Those are beautiful pictures. We get to share a little bit of your new location through them.

3 Likes

I love poppy seed muffins. A fantastic flavor.

I agree ! Yes very cool! Enjoy Mrsg. I hope I find where I want to settle soon myself. It will be a little closer to this home though! Somewhere south. The south USA is wonderful too.

3 Likes

Thanks!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: thanks!