Let the 2019 sales begin!

@mamuang that’s a great point and a really good advice! As always thanks for your help!!!

1 Like

I grow two of those varieties. Flavor Delight and Spice Zee.

Flavor delight has been a huge dud here. Its the first blossom to appear in my orchard each year and has been frozen out every time. I doubt ill ever taste it. When I planted Spice Zee it grew like wildfire. But I had to move it during its first dormant winter and its been marginal ever since. I must have damaged it. I think it would be a fine tree under normal circumstances and would grow in line with most peaches or nects. Its a gorgeous color too with very pretty blooms. This year mine has pretty significant PLC but I think I forgot to spray it with copper this past winter.

In short, I’d avoid Apriums in my area but your area is coastal and likely warmer. Nectarines, peaches, and nectaplums, while not as solid and apples or pears here can do fine

1 Like

Thanks for the info @speedster1I, question where are you located at?

I’m in northern WV on the western slope of the mountains. Zone 6A/B. Scotts climate near Baltimore would likely be closer to your regional conditions than mine would.

Wowza cherries are 1/2 off at Gurneys

http://links.e.gurneys.com/ctt?kn=4&ms=MzQ3MzcwMAS2&r=NDMxODgzMDU5S0&b=0&j=NzgxMTg2NzEyS0&mt=1&rt=0

1 Like

Thank you @astaft lets hope its all its supposed to be! Because for $39.99 i went ahead and ordered wowza!

1 Like

This is a super sale from Starks! The red, white, and blue sale. Lots of cheap fruit trees eg. Apples, peach, pears $11 average for those on sale! Free shipping over $85! We still have rain here so im planting! Some sweet cherries eg. Black tartarian are on sale as well.

Could not resist i ordered more pears

1 Like

Of course you couldn’t!

I’ve considered ordering a chojuro myself.

2 Likes

@UnderDawgAl
Ordered two chojuro! Thats a delicious pear!

1 Like

My local Walmart up here in Wisconsin has nice large #5 Juliet cherry plant for sale for $27 a piece. I think after I get my pay check this Friday, I’m going to get two of them.

Question, are they self fertile if I only get one variety? Since that’s the only variety they seems to have for sale when I checked the week they came in.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes,they are,but not sure if they will produce more if a different one is around,like some other plants.bb

2 Likes

Anyone know when the big box stores like lowes, home depot, menards usually start doing sales of 40-50%+ off? I feel like i always here about people getting big trees for little to nothing at these places but never see these sales when im there. There were a few trees this year that i was surprised to see at one of these.

1 Like

I think they do two batches of sales. One around July with all the spring trees and then again in late October with the fall shipment of plants.

1 Like

My wife visits our local Lowes pretty much weekly this time of year. As soon as a flower is through blooming, they tend to discount it. Perennials that will bloom for years to come, she likes to say she “rescued”. Many of them they’d toss in the dumpster if not sold. She got some wilty knock-out roses for $1 each recently. I got a probably 4+ yr old Bald Cypress for $15 a few years ago. Have only lucked out and found a few edibles that interested me so far though. A few blueberries and blackberries last year at good prices.

1 Like

Thanks Brady, in that case, I will get two for sure. Although wish I could get more than two, but space is limited. lol

1 Like

I just ordered six Northsky blueberries from Jungs for $7.45 each, with free shipping on orders over $40. They were the champions for blossoming after a harsh winter in my blueberry beds this year, and being small, I can tuck them between other bushes. I spaced the other blueberries farther apart than is necessary, I am finding. That is the cheapest I have seen this variety.

2 Likes

just got two juliet cherry and two mandevilla vines(not pictured) for half price and its only been one week since they came in . Walmart marked them down pretty fast. Guess because no one was buying them either. Their lost is my gain and money’s worth. Im a happy camper :laughing::grinning:

2 Likes