Let's see your raised beds. I need ideas

Your hexes look great…nice job.
(I’d not do timber for myself probably…too expensive…rocks more likely…or blocks possibly.)

1 Like

Update on raised beds.

5 Likes

Still a lot of work to do and daylilies to add.
I am trying to figure out what to put in place of the grass.

4 Likes

I made some raised beds using corrugated metal and cedar. Stained thee wood but it does weather.

The harp shaped trellis I used cattle panels for. PS cattle panels are a true gift for home gardening. Relatively inexpensive and sturdy as heck.

The second photo isn’t much in the way of a raised bed, but I wanted to show what posts and cattle fence can get you for a planting…in my case thornless blackberry. Used bamboo to hold the canes though I’ve lost my source for the bamboo and they need replacing now. You can’t buy this diameter bamboo where I live.

One note though on the harp shaped trellis by the corrugated beds, the soffit of my house and sun angle in mid summer shades it completely for a while each side of the solstice. . So jeep that in mind.

9 Likes

Dont want to be repetitive but really like this pic.

My city called me to be in the garden walk again this year so im actually just cleaning up and not adding anything, its actually a hard thing to do for an addict. Haha.

12 Likes

I really need some of these so I do not need to bend over to garden. They look great. He did a nice job.

2 Likes

I am curious how podpiper got clean 60-degree cuts on such thick lumber.

1 Like