Li and Sugar Cane Jujube

I just recently ordered a Li and a Sugarcane Jujube and was wondering how big do they get. I’m not completely sure how far apart I should plant them. I ordered 3 gal (2) from Edible Landscaping and should receive the plant sometime this week. Another question I have is how do you guys keep moles/voles and gophers from damaging the roots. I have a problem with them for the past few weeks and is scared my other fruit trees would get damaged. Please let me know your advice and if possible please add an image of your plants!

1 Like

They have poison at home depot for them. It comes in a cone looking container. Every time I kill them new ones move in next year. It’s a yearly fight. Just got my first jujube couple days ago myself. I would say plant as close as you want and prune to make it work later. From what I have seen around town, they don’t really get that big.

2 Likes

click on image to enlarge

2 Likes

In Dallas, 10 ft apart seems to work for now with some pruning. After 10 years, no pruning, they might be 15-20 ft tall; so 15-20 ft spacing would be better if you have the space. Mine havent stopped growing yet.

2 Likes