Liberty apples still edible on June 1

Mark - I have some Liberties and some Enterprise apples developing on some grafts I added as my very first attempts at grafting. They are doing well, so far . . . and I’m excited about getting to try them! I remember you saying how much you like Liberties. :grinning:

1 Like

I hope they work for you! I think they have good years and bad years, and are quite sensitive to seasonal variable.

In terms of self-subsistence, a person could argue in favor of such an heavy fruiting apple (Liberty) that is highly dependable with no fuss, disease resistance, and keeps well especially if space permits. I kind of view it as the Kieffer pear of the apple world… although much more edible than a Kieffer. I have two of them. Why?!? Idk!!! Least favorite that I have. But, I won’t be removing them for that reason… along with attaching some new body parts to them from time to time. Not sure if we have tried making apple chips from them, but maybe that’s an option too.

1 Like

The do make a very decent cider, are good in pies, and are excellent for sauce (no sugar, peels left on for color).

1 Like

We’ll have to try some of that!

1 Like

Pristine was just too cloying floral for my tastes.

1 Like