Lingonberries

Here is an example of a Burnt Ridge Koralle liner put in a fabric pot with peat moss with minimal amount of blueberry fertilizer after a season in zone 6. I didn’t have the final location prepared in the spring. I added it since it was $8 on an order for some other things I wanted though I need to find a second variety.

1 Like

Could they be planted in between blueberries, or would that be too much?

1 Like

I would think that would work, except the lingonberries form a carpet, so you might step on them when tending the blueberries.

1 Like

My plan is to put them on the 2 sunny sides around the 2 rows of blueberries I planted.

I’ve had Koralle for a number of years and added another variety,because of flowers only,but no fruit yet.
The biggest problem with mine is, grass infiltrates,even in a 2-3 foot by about 8 inch deep plastic container and is difficult to keep in check.

I’ve been growing the following for a few years: ‘Koralle’, ‘Erntesegen’, ‘Ida’, ‘Red Pearl’ and ‘Regal’

I’m feeling like I have some learning to do. All five are healthy and spreading with flowers produced every year. I often see fruits forming, but they appear to be fully red from a very small size. This makes me unsure when to pick them as I always think they look like they’re way too little to pick and then they disappear before they ever get to a size I think they should be. Are they just naturally insanely small berries? Why do they have to turn red so quickly?