List your unknown fruit

I only had two plums/pluots remaining on my trees. They kept growing and stayed hard until this morning. I gave it an easy squeeze and I felt it give a little. Plan to cut it later today. All my other plums/pluots have been gone a long time. I don’t know what it is but I think it is a pretty fruit.

8 Likes

Fantastic taste. Sweet mild plum flavor and possibly a hint of peach. Wish I had more than one remaining.

10 Likes

Those look mouthwattering.

1 Like

This one I showed earlier,here,What fruits did you eat today? - #2120 by Bradybb.
I’m asking people who received scions from me and who want to share some,please do not label them as Marcia’s Flavor Pluot.bb

1 Like

Only unknown in my yard came as a bonus plant from Raintree. A black currant with flexible first year canes that I loosely tie together until they grow enough wood to remain upright. Its first berries are a good size & sweetest of the currants that have borne fruit here so far. I wait as long as possible for successive pickings to aid berry size. Since it had no name, I call it Orphan.
(Others are Ben More, Westwick, Black September. I planted Belaruskaya this year, which might prove sweeter still than Orphan; will learn next year.)

1 Like

I have had this plum tree for 20 to 25 years. It was a sucker from a lady that called it a peach plum. Have no idea what type it is, but always sets a decent crop, except for the few years it has taken a break and did not bloom. Plums are just over 1 1/2" across, did not seem to have the good flavor this year. May have been the extra rain. They ripen pretty much at the same time.019|690x460

8 Likes

Nice looking plum.